• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Line - "We Can Rebuild Him"

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I was going to wait until I get into a real gym to start a log but I'd like to keep a track of my progress and get some tips on my improvised workouts and how to make them more efficient :2:

Training Split/Styles:
Because of my demanding work hours, it is nearly impossible for me to have set days or times for my training sessions. I am currently semi-cutting in the sense that I'd like to tighten up but because I'm carrying furniture for work I have to be extremely careful that my bodyweight doesn't drop too quickly. Also, because of the extreme physical labor involved in my job, doing more than a few exercises or sets per bodypart is out of the question. I plan on training every bodypart twice a week, except for abs, which will be trained three times a week. I will follow a very simple and repeatable split of:

-Chest and Arms
-Legs
-Back and Shoulders
-Off

Calves and Abs I will put into any training day (probably in seperate sessions) as I see fit from a time-constraint standpoint.

Equipment I Currently Have Access To:

Until I return to school at the beginning of September, I am cycling between my basement and a small gym at my local college. Because I only take classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and work full-time every other day I will only use the school gym on those days. Here is what I have to work with at each place so perhaps I can get suggestions on things I can add.

Basement:

Barbell and Weights - The barbell weighs 25 pounds and can only hold about 205 additional pounds. I also have a 10 pound EZ bar.
Dumbells - Gifts from people that didn't want them anymore. I have nothing over 20 pounds.
Bench - Both flat and incline bench
Preacher Curl Bench
Weider Home Gym Station - Pathetic I know. Has a pressing machine, pec-deck, high-cable pulley, leg press, leg extension station, hamstring curl station, low-cable pulley.

Note: The weights are different for each exercise on the Home Gym so I will simply state how much of the stack I am performing each exercise with instead of a set amount of pounds (the stack has nine settings).

Summer Classes Gym:

Barbell and Weights - Olympic Bars and 25 pound EZ bars. Weights are standard but plates are sometimes hard to come by.
Dumbells - In five pound incriments up to 100 pounds.
Bench - Seperate flat, incline, and decline benches. Also, free-moving, scarcely used adjustable benches. Comfortable.
Smith Machine
Preacher Curl Bench
Leg Press Machine
Hamstring Curl Machine - Two different stations
Cable Station - Standard gym towers with pull-down stations on each side and room for cable-crossovers in the middle. Also has a good pull-up bar.

What To Expect From My Log:

Besides my exercises and weights used I'll also report my weight at the beginning of each training cycle and also the time of day I trained and how many meals I've had prior to training.

Hope you guys enjoy it :food-snacking:

Oh, and I'm only 5'8" and I'm done growing upwards :2:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sounds good man, cant wait until you start posting some stuff!

P

Pain

VIP
Wow, Line with a log!! ohh yes! this is going to be some inspirational workouts. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO WAY!

Lookin foward to it bro!

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll keep an eye on you straight boy !!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Note: I decided to add more information at the top post of the thread concerning the equipment I have access to, as well as, my current situation with work so any advice or comments can be weighted a bit.

Here we go...

Date: 7.11.06

Time of Workout: 9pm

Meals Before Workout: 3

Weight: 192 pounds

Chest

Flat BB Bench Press
Set #1 - 135 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - 180 pounds x 10 reps
Set #3 - 210 pounds x 10 reps
Set #4 - 230 pounds x 10 reps

Machine Press
Set #1 - (Entire Stack) x 12 reps
Set #2 - (Entire Stack) x 10 reps
Set #3 - (Entire Stack) x 11 reps

Pec-Deck supersetted with Incline BB Press
Set #1 - (#3 Setting) x 15 reps & 180 pounds x 10 reps
Set #2 - (#4 Setting) x 15 reps & 180 pounds x 8 reps

Triceps
Pushdowns
Set #1 - (#4 Setting) x 20 reps
Set #2 - (#6 Setting) x 10 reps
Set #3 - (#6 Setting) x 12 reps

Skull Crushers with Straight Bar
Set #1 - 80 pounds x 20 reps
Set #2 - 110 pounds x 8 reps
Set #3 - 120 pounds x 7 reps

Biceps

Close-Grip Straight Bar Curls
Set #1 - 65 pounds x 15 reps
Set #2 - 85 pounds x 12 reps
Set #3 - 105 pounds x 8 reps

One-Arm DB Preacher Curl - One set into the next, no resting!
Set #1 - 20 pounds x 20 reps
Set #2 - 20 pounds x 15 reps
Set #3 - 20 pounds x 15 reps

Overall I was happy with my session, particularly my bench/chest work which has never been a strong-suit. Generally I do very little bicep work because of work and the fact that mine are already out-growing my tri's proportionately and want don't want to be a guy who just "lifts everything heavy and sees what happens." I have a vision of what I want and want to work in the right direction to achieve it.

Thanks for reading, take care everyone :eek5wavey:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats one hell of a session man. 230x10 is excellent my friend. Doing those supersets with pec dec and incline too and still putting up 180 on incline thats good shit man. Thats heavy weight on those skullcrushers too man, I cant believe you could still go that heavy after hitting chest like that. Biceps lookin good too man, no rest inbetween those preachers, excellent man

I asked for a great session, and I got one, good work man and keep posting in here, definetely a pleasure reading it. As already said superb session!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man 22 sets bro! thats some awesome work lineski!
U gonna eat the res a yo corn bread?

Cant wait for Legs bro!
AND

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really strong session man, i like your training philosophy, really good indeed.plus you're really strong buddy.
you're 192lb now?? you look heavier in the pic i saw.

How tall ?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you have pics!!!??? post them :spy:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robcardu said:
Really strong session man, i like your training philosophy, really good indeed.plus you're really strong buddy.

How tall ?

He was heavier i think he said he was 220 in that pic

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Robcardu said:

How tall ?
I'm 5'8". I was actually up to just under 220 this winter but a lot of it was bad weight and I looked muscular as hell but had a gut (too much GH :duh: ). Overall at that weight I had a hard time moving around so I started slowly coming down in weight and was at a pretty solid 205 but then took 2 weeks off from training and eating (right after my 21st birthday) and lost too much weight.

Then from the moving company job I lost even more weight (I dipped down to about 187 :eek: ) but my diet was hell so I wasn't happy about my body composition despite my weight loss. I'm trying to cut up and maintain the weight I'm at now or maybe even add a few pounds now that I seem to have all my variables working together well.

Tweak said:
you have pics!!!??? post them :spy:
Yep, I believe this is from October of '05 when I was mid-bulk so I'm out of shape at about 205-210. My back (and overall) detail since then has improved tremendously but I probably won't have new pics up for at least two weeks...Still natural BTW...

2498d1140368938-bbd-natural-member-virtual-posedown-img_2558.jpg

Also guys, thanks alot for the comments. I'm a pretty extroverted person and all but I like to stay modest about BBing and strength and a lot of you guys are much stronger than me so I was sorta hesitant to post anything at all. Glad I did, the support here is awesome :2:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your much stronger than me though, shit right now I'm probably the weakest person on this forum.

dude your back looks great, you got some great thickness

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats how we do lineski! When i lok at someones log i look at THEIR numbers and did they improve from what they did last time mine, i never compare andyone to anyone else but themselves!

Glad u posted bro!
AND

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's true man, evryone is a dif person and your work out was good,actually the only log i lol'd at, was the Thug_Life's log ...it was just ridiculous!!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Much appreciated guys...just wait for sessions to come. I definately used the log to motivate me on the first one and the best is yet to come for sure :weightlifter:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I erased these pics :spy:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude, do you have a myspace? I swaer ive seen you before lol

Clint

Clint