Your front squats are as good as my regs right now. I'm so ashamed
Skeptic: Thanks Skippy.
Glex: Don't worry, it wasn't that long ago that I remember squatting with piss-weak weights too. My current ATG front squat is better than my parallel back squat of a few years back.
Miami: THe plan is to hit 130kg next squat session!
El Freako: you just want pics of me nude :keke:
Haven't trained the last few days as I've had a cold/flu. I'm feeling better but I don't want to have this thing linger any longer than it should. I plan to lift on the weekend, but I also have to travel next week. So may not be ideal training......
^^ Couple of ways to do them:
1) Clean position. Requires the most mobility and flexability is also the best way. Best way is to work on mobility.
2) Arms crossed. You'll have seen Ronnie doing them this way. Not as secure and does tend to encourage more back rounding, but better than nothing.
3) Strap clean position. Get some lifting straps and tie them to the bar so that you can hang onto the bar in the clean position without the need for the flexability.
4) Arms out. Basically hold your arms out in front, parallel to the ground as you squat. Not very secure but does encourage a great position when lifting.
5) Manta ray (or stingray or something) front squat pad. Hooks the bar in position on the traps for the front squat. I've tried one of these out and found them to be pretty ordinary. Clearly not designed for me.
6) DB front squat. Clean DB's to shoulders and hold on their ends on the shoulder. Squat. Hardest to do but make you look hardcore (if you use enough weight).
Cheers guys. I've been feeling crap this weekend still, although I'll see how good I feel this arvo.
Either way mid-week looks good and I might go to a gym while I'm travelling. In which case I might be able to get some footage of the squatting (too dark during the evening to film).
Stupid cold and flu season! People with kids should know better than to catch a cold and then come to work and give it to the entire office. Stupid inconsiderate pricks.
Glex: Pleasure to help
El Freako: Quite possibly, I've been pigging out eating pretty crappy..... Although I have a habit of losing weight whenever I take time off so I made an effort to eat more this past week.
Although I did train tonight, which felt good, I cut back on the number of DE sets just to be on the safe side.
30kg x2 x5 sets
DB thickbar row
DB Bicep curls
15kg x10 (surprisingly hard for how light this was)
Plate tricep Oh ext
I'm sure I've missed something on the list.... I'm going to start a spreadsheet soon to add all my workouts to. I really must transfer my handwritten log to an easier format.
Stupid rainy day. But the rain did not hold me back, but it did dampen my spirit enough to annoy the hell out of me.
DE squats and ME hammys
Donkey calf raise (single leg)
Low box squat
5 sets (these were a little heavy for a DE at 60%)
Lying leg raises