• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

BCAA

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

What is the best BCAA powder to take???

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These supplements arent necessary, just eat animal proteins, soy proteins, and i think egg proteins are complete proteins as well. The only reason i would suggest a person use a protein supplement is post workout, or if your protein intake is high enough to the point you have to worry about high levels of cholesterol, besides that your giving your money away bro.

^^^^^
Thats just my opinion, i cant recommend a powder bc i dont take an amino acid powder, i just use protein powder when i dont eat whole food.

Godbless
Beno

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ben although i respect your opinion... and agree with the eating animal, soy and eggs protein for a high amount of your BCAAs.. the fact is that those are not BCAAs in the free form and they simply won't have the level of effect on your body supplementing with the powder or pills will.

BCAAs are definently not the first supplement you want to be using to to their high cost and bland taste, but they do work very well (at least for me); I say if you've already got a nearly flawless diet and routine down... and your other supplements such as whey protein and creatine are in line, why not spend the dough to give yourself a nice little treat of quicker recovery times for a month or two?

EDIT: Almost forgot about you Cutsjr. There are a few great options out there.. some more expensive than others. I've tried a few BCAA products and i can tell you the majority of them taste like crap (unless flavoured like Xtend) but if you can put up with the taste they are well worth your time and money. I've been using Dymatized BCAA powder, very solid product and i've seen great results within the time i've been usinig them, the only cons about this product are the taste (blah) and mixability. To solve the taste i simply throw the 5g of BCAA powder in with a scoop of whey protein and shake it up pre workout; you can barley notice a difference in change from the whey and it's very easy to put up with. As for the mixability the only thing i've found that works in mixing it through a few times and adding more water at the end.

If you looking for a fairly affordable and solid product... go to http://bodybuilding.com/store/index.html and check out SciFit BCAA powder. I've heard nothing but solid reviews from my friends that have used this product.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
KingDeadlift said:
Ben although i respect your opinion... and agree with the eating animal, soy and eggs protein for a high amount of your BCAAs.. the fact is that those are not BCAAs in the free form and they simply won't have the level of effect on your body supplementing with the powder or pills will.

BCAAs are definently not the first supplement you want to be using to to their high cost and bland taste, but they do work very well (at least for me); I say if you've already got a nearly flawless diet and routine down... and your other supplements such as whey protein and creatine are in line, why not spend the dough to give yourself a nice little treat of quicker recovery times for a month or two?

I dont think protein supps are necessary, and can be easily abused for a bodybuilder who isnt in the heavier weight class.Now let me explain. If a bodybuilder has a high protein requirment 200 plus grams then sure taking a supp would be smart simply to help avid high cholestrol and taking in to much saturated fat from animal sources.

Heres my beef with protein supps in a diet that doenst require so much protein. For example a more lihtweight lifter, or just the average BBer off the streets. Taking in an extra shake or 2 a day bc someone is trying to stay in positive nitrigen balance, and thinking that more protein means more muscle( which is also incorrect ) can actually do more harm than good. If excess protein means excess calories, it adds weight as fat not muscle which can slow down your performance. Purified protein supplements can contirbute t calcium loss, and that causes harm to your bones health. Also excess protein means excess nitrogen which can cause dehydration. Supplemets of single amino acid can interfere with absorbtion of other amino acids and effect neuro transmitter activity.

So play it safe if you dont have the high protein requirements and get your protein form a variety of foods.

Now like i said all that i wrote above applies to the lightrweight athletes, but that doesnt mean that the heavier weight guys should go crazy with the supps either. Im just speaking on protein, and this is my educated opinion, but if u were in the higher protein requirment category and u did want to supplement amino acids i would make sure you are getting a full amino acid profile of atleast the 9 essential aminos, and i wouldnt go crazy with taking them mabye once or twice a day at the most in my opinion, and that would be for a bodybuilder who is constantly tearing down and rebuilidng.

Just my .02 :e5dunno:

Godbless
Beno

KingDeadlift

KingDeadlift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen said:
I dont think protein supps are necessary, and can be easily abused for a bodybuilder who isnt in the heavier weight class.Now let me explain. If a bodybuilder has a high protein requirment 200 plus grams then sure taking a supp would be smart simply to help avid high cholestrol and taking in to much saturated fat from animal sources.

Heres my beef with protein supps in a diet that doenst require so much protein. For example a more lihtweight lifter, or just the average BBer off the streets. Taking in an extra shake or 2 a day bc someone is trying to stay in positive nitrigen balance, and thinking that more protein means more muscle( which is also incorrect ) can actually do more harm than good. If excess protein means excess calories, it adds weight as fat not muscle which can slow down your performance. Purified protein supplements can contirbute t calcium loss, and that causes harm to your bones health. Also excess protein means excess nitrogen which can cause dehydration. Supplemets of single amino acid can interfere with absorbtion of other amino acids and effect neuro transmitter activity.

So play it safe if you dont have the high protein requirements and get your protein form a variety of foods.

Now like i said all that i wrote above applies to the lightrweight athletes, but that doesnt mean that the heavier weight guys should go crazy with the supps either. Im just speaking on protein, and this is my educated opinion, but if u were in the higher protein requirment category and u did want to supplement amino acids i would make sure you are getting a full amino acid profile of atleast the 9 essential aminos, and i wouldnt go crazy with taking them mabye once or twice a day at the most in my opinion, and that would be for a bodybuilder who is constantly tearing down and rebuilidng.

Just my .02 :e5dunno:

Godbless
Beno

Yes i agree with most of this.

IMO

Food > Supplements

FOOD FIRST SUPPLEMENTS SECOND!

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Universal - Animal Nitro G.