^^ What about the newest women division in bodybuilding? The Women's Physique Division. The first WPD winner at the Mr Olympia this year was Dana Linn Bailey.
QuoteNPC WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE DIVISION RULES
- Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
- Symmetry, shape, proportion, muscle tone, poise and beauty flow
- Physique assessment and comparison will take place during prejudging
Women’s Physique Division has been created to give a platform for women who enjoy weight training, competing, contest preperation. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, beauty/flow of physique.
The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should not be descriptive to the physiques being judged in women’s physique:
Ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc.
While all types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down accordingly.
Women’s physique competitors should have the overall aesthetics and look that is found in figure with a little more overall muscularity.
▪ Front double biceps/open hands (no flat footed full front pose – some sort of front twisting pose)
▪ Back double biceps/open hands
▪ Side triceps with leg extended
▪ Side chest with arms extended
▪ Front ab/thigh
*Finals routine will be maximum 90 seconds in length, performed to music of athletes choice adhering to rules set forth by the NPC. Music containing profanity or explicit language should not be used and may result in routine being cut short.
* No props will be used.
* No heels may be worn at any time during the competition/judging of women’s physique.
More here: http://npcnewsonline.com/npc-womens-physique-rules-regulations/