• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I thought I'd better get back into the log section. I haven't done my own or commented on anyone's in ages which is poor on my part cos I used to all the time. So I'm gonna get back into it again.

Haven't been doing a log lately cos after the lay off at Xmas I lost so much strength it was depressing so didn't want to post it. I'm starting to get back up to my previous numbers now so thought I'd crack on with one and see what everyone else is up to now!

I'm still not up to best yet, mainly on Benching, Squat and deadlifts which is fucking typical, what with them being the 3 biggest - but it'll come.#

I'm intending to get some recent pics up and hopefully some little training clips aswell when training with Evo.

Anyway - the start of Rocky's log.

Was meant to be training with Evo as usual but he wasn't up to it tiday - so on my own for Legs/Shoulders and bi's and this was how it went:

Smith Lunges
90kg (200lb) x 10
130kg (285lb) x 10
175kg (390lb) x 8 - PB for me. Knackeres me out loads though purely cos of the sheer weight on my shoulders for it.

Smith Squat
100kg (220lb) x 8
130kg (285lb) x 6 - just to finish and to slowly get my squats back up to par.

Smith Standing Calf Raises
140kg (310lb) x 15
180kg (400lb) x 12
220kg (485lb) x 8
220kg (485lb) x 8

Seated Calf Raises
140kg (310lb) x 15
185kg (410lb) x 10
190kg (420lb) x 8

Leg Ex
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) - full stack x 15
102.5kg (225lb) x 15

SUPERSET WITH

Leg Curl
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) - full stack x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x10

ROTATOR CUFF EXERCISES

Smith Military Press
50kg (110lb) x 10
70kg (155lb) x 10
90kg (200lb) x 8 - was utterly knackered after this and wasn't sure whther to go for a 2nd set but then thought "got to try" and then:
90kg (200lb) x 8 - pretty pleased with this. Might even be a PB for reps.

Bent Over DB Lateral Raises
15kg (33lb) x 12
20kg (45lb) x 10
25kg (55lb) x 10 (a bit power style! :) )

Side DB Lateral Raises
15kg (33lb) x 10
20kg (45lb) x 8 - was really cream crackered now.

Standing Alternate DB Curls
20kg (45lb) x 10
27.5kg (60lb) x 8
27.5kg (60lb) x 8 - didn't think I was gonna get the reps - so knackered and forearms were really blown up!

Cable Curl
75kg (165lb) x 10
77.5kg (170lb) x 8

Power Shrugs
120kg (265lb) x 10
165kg (365lb) x 12
170kg (375lb) x 6 - grip going! Damn - still plenty more in there!

And that was that. Just under 1 1/2 hrs and glad I'm starting to get back to full strength again.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see your smith lunges are still extremely gay when compared to your squat :49:

:49: at cream crackered, oh you zany brits

solid strength throughout the entire session. Glad to hear your finally obtaining the strength you had before, time to get some more PBs in there and show Evo up :spy:

about time you made a new log, now time to change that old ass avatar of yours :no:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good to see you back Dibble......sorry I mean Officer Dibble, good to see those supersets in there and a good weight as well, 175kg on the smith lunges is good to, keep at it mate

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:hsughr: :hsughr: :hsughr: Rocky's back in da logs:hsughr: :hsughr: :hsughr:

Nothing wrong with coming back Rocko; it's the fact that you're doing it at all that sets you apart. It's amazing how fast our strength can return though. Excellent calf raises, both standing and seated. Military presses were a definite standout as well, and your volume was huge for 'getting back'. Keep it going:xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks fellas. Feels good to be back here in the log family! :)

Tweak - Yeah, fuck knows what's going on with my lunge/squat difference. I feel more stable doing lunges than squats cos of my height - not that that's a real excuse cos I know there are other 6ft + members on here who manage, but oh well!

FF - Less of the Dibble fool! :) Yeah, lunges are my strong point for legs it seems. And I do like finishing off with the superset.

onebigeric - Thanks buddy! Yeah, looking at it written down it does seem like a lot of volume but it doesn't feel like it at the time, but I am doing basically half a body workout in the one session so I supose it is a fair amount overall.

Thanks all for posting! :xyxthumbs: I'm gonna make sure I keep this one up!

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Thanks all for posting! :xyxthumbs: I'm gonna make sure I keep this one up!

thats what she said :spy:

liar :no:

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad to see your log back up i haven't been in the log section for a few weeks for the same reasons. Your lunges are strong but your squats kinda surprised me i thought they would be a little higher but heavy weight eitherway.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fallen said:
Glad to see your log back up i haven't been in the log section for a few weeks for the same reasons. Your lunges are strong but your squats kinda surprised me i thought they would be a little higher but heavy weight eitherway.

Yeah, it's weird. Admittedly my lunges are at their all time best and my squats are still quite a way off what I was, but my squats have never been as high as my lunges - stupid legs.

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
- stupid legs.
just cut those muthafunkers off

glad to see you logging :49: again Rocky. its about time bro....
good looking session those military presses are looking good and the db lateral are looking strong too. keep it up bro

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im not impressed :io:

:49: :49:

Actually that session looked very good. That is funny that your lunges are better than your squat. You could work more on any type of leg press. You quads are the more dominate part of your leg, so now you need to get your hams up to. Shoulder session look great. Nice job on that P.B. Who uses the word "knackered". Europeans are very strange...

Good session!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
rocky rocky rocky, nice quality stuff. your still my hero

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great F-N session bro you're everbodys hero

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Hey man, good to see my favorite advice columnist posting up some numbers.

Is there some story I'm missing about your squats, like a surgery or something? Good luck with that; you're obviously a strong guy and know what you're doing so I'm sure they'll be back up in no time :xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TO - Cheers buddy. Yeah my shoulder presses are really coming up now finally. It's good to be logging again.

Paulie - I know my lunges are odd. I do get a lot of hammy work though - the lunges hit quite a bit hams, and leg curls and on my other session I alternate between bent leg deads and romanian so get more hammy in there too! Yeah we Europeans are a strange breed.

Pickle - My wonderful Pickle. I remember when we first met way back when at BBD. I still love you too honey.

Natureboy - lol! Cheers man, I try. Still got a way before I reach your dizzying weights!

Glex - I'm afraid no rational story about the squats! I've just never got on with them. I still persevere though cos of how good they are but just struggle every time. But I'll keep hammering away. I'm still below my best yet so hopefully they'll come up quickly.

Thanks all for posting.

I'm off to a wedding for a couple of days so hoping to be back on Friday in time to get my next session in before going back to work.
Have a good one people! :)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wew dibbles back in the log section.

Fix those squats though officer ;)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GREAT GOD!
you must be busting lots o creeps
to maintain your energy ?
no donuts?
wheres the crumpets n tea?
Good leg workout and those db curls are massive

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Chesty and Hypo! Always time for crumpets and tea! :)

Right - been away for the past 2 days at a wedding. So I was pissed out of my tree for the whole time. Got next to no sleep and didn't eat anywhere near as much as I should have and what I did eat was all rubbish! So excellent work on my rest and diet then. Not holding out much hope for my next session.
Came home today in a 4 hr journey where I wanted to fall asleep the whole time, then by the time we got back I had an hour to get my session in before Ria started work - great. But if I got to go to the gym then tiredness, no sleep, no food and no time isn't going to stop me...it just might hinder me instead. Not training with Evo again because he's away this weekend so back on my own and this is what I did in 60 mins:

Smith Incline Bench
50kg (110lb) x 10
70kg (155lb) x 10
95kg (210lb) x 8
95kg (210lb) x 8 - these were hard - not having much rest time between any sets though!

Pec Dec
50kg (110lb) x 10
72.5kg (160lb) x 10
75kg (165lb) x 6 - doh!

Lying DB Pullovers
35kg (77lb) x 15
45kg (100lb) x 12

I wasn't gonna do deads because of how lousy I felt but then stubborn-ness got the better of me so thought I'd do a couple of warm ups and then 1 main set quickly.

Deads
90kg (200lb) x 10
130kg (285lb) x 8
170kg (380lb) x 7 - couldda got the 8 but decided against it.

T Bar Rows
70kg (155lb) x 10
95kg (210lb) x 10
97.5 (215lb) x 10

Lat Pulldown
80kg (180lb) x 10 - This is basically a warm up for chins as if I use my work set weight on the machine I simply lift myself off the seat! I normally use Evo to hold me down! :)

Wide Grip Chins
w/5 kg (12lb) x 8
w/7.5kg (16lb) x 6
Bodyweight to failure

Close Grip Bench
60kg (135lb) x 10
85kg (187lb) x 8
85kg (187lb) x 6 - form was starting to go - ruching through the session I was knackered by now

EZ Bar Seated Tri Ex
35kg (77lb) x 10
45kg (100lb) x 6
45kg (100lb) x 6 - I know I was knackered cos I can do more than this.

Front and Rev Cable Wrist Curl superset
Front: 72.5kg (160lb) x 15
75kg (165lb) x 8
Reverse: 42.5kg (95lb) x 15
45kg (100lb) x 9

And that was 60 mins.

There was almost a fight in the gym when one of the blokes almost cracked another guy on the head with a DB as he walked past. It's so cramped in there that it won't be long before someone gets hurt one way or the other!

That's all folks. :)

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
huuuuge training today!
looks really really good!

miamiracing

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
very strong Rocky, those deadz look good to me

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session Rocko, Do dumbbell pullover help add mass to your chest or is it a shaping excers