• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How does your pre, during, & postworkout nutrition looks like

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just out of interest. How does your Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition looks like.

:food-snacking:

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mines probably crap I always eat brown rice and fish pre workout, then post a protein shake and 45mins later a meal like turkey breast and brocholi,during my workout I just drink water

MuscleHead

MuscleHead

philosopher said:
Just out of interest. How does your Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition looks like.

:food-snacking:
pre sugar:xyxthumbs:

post sugary things

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 hours before: rice (90 gr dry) and beef (190gr uncooked)

train
pwo shake (30gr protein + 200ml grape juice)

45 min after the workout: rice (90 gr dry) and chicken (190gr uncooked)

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder an hour b4 training, after workout quick protein shake with a meal that includes carbs.

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2.5 hrs before 40g of protien usually chicken and 2 cups of brown rice (uncle bens microwavble pouch) approx 80-90 grams

protien shake directly b4 w/ some bcaa powder 1tsp

water or powerade during

60g of whey and 80-90 grams of dexstrose after

apdswat

apdswat

Im assuming were talking offseason:

Pre:
1/2 Cup of oats
either apple sauce or a banana
whey protien
5 eggs:2yolk

During: Gatorade

5 eggs: 2yolk
banana
peanut butter

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
apdswat said:
Im assuming were talking offseason:

Pre:
1/2 Cup of oats
either apple sauce or a banana
whey protien
5 eggs:2yolk

During: Gatorade

5 eggs: 2yolk
banana
peanut butter

too much fat in your post workout meal.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pre- oatmeal with tuna package, no-xplode before i leave
during- gatorade with glutamine
post- 2 scoop whey in skim milk with creatine

T

thefreak

You do not want any fat in you pwo meals, no fruit (fructose) at least for your first inital meal, fine for meals after that, no gatorade (mostly fructose).

Pre: complex carb, protein, fat, just allow time for digestion.

Pwo: Dextrose, white rice, white bread and whey protein.

Fructose transverses the cells of the small intestine through facilitated diffusion which is slow compared to glucose which uses active transport.

Re-feed every 2 hours with 50-75g of med-high gi carbs (the maximum amount that glycogen can be replenshed). Don't forget to keep providing your body with protein when you refeed too.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pre work out which is breakfast 6 whole eggs and one cup of oats one small fruit. an hour before

pwo whey,bcaa and fruit

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pre: 20 g of whey protein and a cup of oatmeal an hour before, 5 g of creatine and an apple 20 minutes before.

during: often an energy drink or a small fruit

post: mass gainer shake with one scoop of soy protein, about 80g of carbs and 50 g of protein also 10 g of creatine. when i get home ill eat complex carbs like oatmeal, and a can of tuna or chicken...

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a quick question, during the cutting phase post workout shakes, should i still add grape juice or any other kind of quick carb?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a quick question, during the cutting phase post workout shakes, should i still add grape juice or any other kind of quick carb?

yeah post workout u wonna spike insulin levels, this is basically the only time u wonna do that, so keep drinking grape juice even while ur cutting. quick acting carbs are the most important nutrient post workout:tiphat:

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Use Vitargo, not Vitargo CGL, just plain old Vitargo. I suppose you can get Waixy Maze from somebody else, but Vitargo is good stuff.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
too much fat in your post workout meal.

???

Dont listen to that advice....thats a fine post workout meal, although I'd remove one protein source and add more carbs.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pre work out which is breakfast 6 whole eggs and one cup of oats one small fruit. an hour before

pwo whey,bcaa and fruit

mine has changed breafast an hour before then its labarda super charge 15 mins befor the work out

pwo aminos rite after and lava from universal when i get home and then a meal thirty min later

kickazz23

kickazz23

since i workout in the morning, i usually eat around 8 egg whites with wheat bread and two servings of whey. I take the whey with 2% milk which (with everything before the workout) totals to be around 142g of protein. While i workout, i take the am gatorade which is awesome if you get the mango kinda...then after i take two servings of whey with water for fast digestion....with a banana or two...

MetalMX

MetalMX

Pre workout (1hr or 2 before): Big Bowl of Oatmeal & chicken or a scoop and a half of protein powder & Equal plus cinnamon. and 1g of Vitamin C powder

During: Sipping Evolution XT creatine drink, has about 10G BCAA's, Creatine, Stimulants etc. for only 36 calories!

After: 45min-1hr after Protein shake with water & a banana & 1g Vitamin C Powder