• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

VH1 Rock Honors/Zak Wylde SUCKS

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I actually didn't see the show this year, save two songs last night, both from Ozzie. Last year the show wasn't bad at all, except for KISS who absolutely blew nuts. They could not play, it was embarassing.

Anyway, I've never really appreciated how much Zak Wylde sucks until I listened to him play through two songs last night on the new Rock Honors. I wikied him to see if I was spelling his name right, and the first paragraph pretty much says it all:

Wylde's playing is characterised by his liberal use of pinch harmonics and the pentatonic scale.
:49:

That, and he doesn't know when to stop soloing. Here's a hint: the whole song is NOT a solo.

Did anyone see the rest of the show? How was it?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
In This River (Dimebag Tribute)

Bowdown 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zakk Wylde > Rush

And your cry-baby whiny-assed opinion would be?

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech said:
In This River (Dimebag Tribute)

Bowdown 1

The album version of In This River is kind of weak compared to the live version.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Wow, honestly I can't believe more people didn't agree with me.

Obviously he's better than I am :e5dunno: His technical skill is amazing, he just doesn't know when to quit is all. I watched 'In This River' which only mostly sucked; the only good thing is I didn't hear one of his stupid pinch harmonics he uses 74 times a song. He didn't even write it for Dimebag Darrell.

And there's no way in hell he's better than Rush. That's just plain not true. You need more than technical skill; you've got to understand music. And besides, Alex is a rock god guitarist in his own right.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry Glex, but I also like Zak Wylde. However, I do not like his band Black Label Society, that seems kind of weird. He rocked in Black Sabbath also. :xyxthumbs:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
And there's no way in hell he's better than Rush. That's just plain not true. You need more than technical skill; you've got to understand music. And besides, Alex is a rock god guitarist in his own right.

:tear: i was just messing with you, i like some Black Label Society songs, to compare Zakk Wylde and Alex Lifeson is like compare Ronnie Coleman and Max Ot. Thats all i have to say :e5dunno:

EDIT: when Zakk is Max Ot.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robcardu said:
:tear: i was just messing with you, i like some Black Label Society songs, to compare Zakk Wylde and Alex Lifeson is like compare Ronnie Coleman and Max Ot. Thats all i have to say :e5dunno:

EDIT: when Zakk is Max Ot.

So true. :49:

Glex

Glex

VIP
I don't get that analogy - Max Ot and Ronnie Coleman...are you saying musclemecca's own Max OT?

Paulie: He's terrible in Black Sabbath :no:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
wtf. did he attempt to graffiti his wall? :49:

Glex

Glex

VIP
So you're saying Alex is better than Zakk?

Igorek

Igorek

I kinda agree with you about zakk, I think he useruses his harmonics and wanks too much on pentatonic scales.
I liked him when he was with Ozzy though...

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like Zack, but on every damn songm hes goes over board on the the solo, its annoying as fuck.

But back in the day when he was with ozzy, that solo that he did for the song "No More Tears," is motherfuckin bad ass yo.

Did a quick search, heres the solo:

Glex

Glex

VIP
^^ It's really not that great :e5dunno:

He's not melodic like say John Petrucci, and he's not as crazy good. He's still ridiculous, but in the realm of just pure guitar wizardry he's not at the top. Look up John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani...even Yngwie Malmsteen and Eric Johnson.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex said:
Look up John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani...even Yngwie Malmsteen and Eric Johnson.

LOL come one Glex, you're talking about God guitars!!! :ughnoes: