• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

knight_rider's first log

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im just at the end of a blast but im going to put in my last 2-3 workouts, spend the next week cruising in the gym and then start putting in my new workouts.

my goals for the next year is to bring my legs up to match my back and arms as well as do some serious improving on my chest exercises which have been left in limbo for quite sometime.

you may notice my smith machine lifts seem a little low in weight, its a very heavy machine so adding 20-30 kgs to my numbers would be where the weight would be on a normal smithy.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
23/06/07

rp = rest-paused DC style

low incline smith
30kgs * 12
50kgs * 8
70kgs * 9,4,3 rp

dumbell press (shoulders)
20kgs * 12
30kgs * 8
35kgs * 9,4,3 rp

pushdown
50lb * 12
90lb * 8
130lb * 9,3,3 rp

rack chin
bw * 5
bw * 5
10kgs* 7,3,3 rp

Deadlift
100kgs * 10
140kgs * 6
190kgs * 8

was a pretty good session improved on all my pb's which is good. however chest is lagging quite badly, i need to be working in a 20-30 rp range for dumbells, so i just need to neck up and focus, i always seem to go through the motions on my first exercise and get better as i go, need to get motivated straight up.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
26/06/07

barbell curl
30kgs * 15
40kgs * 8
50kgs * 11,3,3 rp

wrist curl (palms down)
5kgs * 10
8kgs * 6
8kgs * 9

standing calf raise
50lb * 15
100lb * 8
160lb * 10

one leg ham curl
15lb * 12
20lb * 8
35lb * 11,5,3 rp

Squat
60kgs * 12
80kgs * 8
130kgs * 8
leg press widowmaker 210kgs * 20

ok session everything imporved including my embarrasing squat, which is good to see, id really like to be squating 200 kgs for reps in the next two years, i think its doable, i didnt start training legs properly until the start of the year really and they have ben responding well, also i do my my sqauts ass to grass because its the only way that counts.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats the tails end of my last blast, so im doing about a weeks worth of light workouts to recover and let those niggling sores work themselves out, and starting saturday or tuesday im going to start my next blast.

i really wanna bring my chest up, its not that small but there is no such thing as too big, so im going to make it get stronger and work in a higher rep range as i feel dumbell exercises have a lot of stabilising fatigue which doesnt work to well with dc rest-pause techniques, so hopefully working in thos higher rep ranges will pull me out of this 6 month chest rut.

ive been really happy with my deadlift, but i feel i still have a long way to go, i really feel even though im natural that i can take my deadlift up 50 kgs over the next few years and thats for multiple reps, just gotta keep eating. i reckon if my sqaut is up around the 180 kgs mark in the next few years my deads will be another 30-40 kgs above that number.

anyway i have to go put together my next program, im following dc protocols so i need three exercises for each bodypart, so any suggestions on some good tough lifts is welcome. particulary some good bicep and chest exercises, keep in mind i dont really want to have a spotter.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
good to see you post up your log ill try to keep up with it every now and then. Love the poundages on the deadlifts mate your gonna be thick whenever u decide to get on stage!

hows the mrs?

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey man you're strong mofo! chesty may be able to help u he just finished a dc style based workout so maybe hit him up for his thoughts on the subject man :)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah what Peanut said dude, need any help just ask :xyxthumbs:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah

Yeah what Peanut said dude, need any help just ask :xyxthumbs:

yeah i figured out whats wrong with my chest weights, ive been doing two dumbell exercises in my rotation and dante ( dc inventor) recommends for dumbell exercises you need to hit 20-30 rp, and ive been doing it like normal chest movements with 11-15 rp, because of the extra fatigue factors involved with dumbells it makes progressing a bit harder, so ive been kinda stuck in a rut for awhile, so i need to lighten the weight ( i hate having to drop poundages) and work in that 20-30 rp range, so hopefully that will fix it.

anyway how is your dc blasts going?

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yewww

good to see you post up your log ill try to keep up with it every now and then. Love the poundages on the deadlifts mate your gonna be thick whenever u decide to get on stage!

hows the mrs?

the mrs is good pickledorf, yeah its pretty crazy when you look back to the start of uni hey, i was 75kgs and like a mad fit edurance athlete, i came 2nd in the run swim that year lol.....i tried to go for a jog yesterday lol i could do a super slow jog around 2 hockey fields and then i had to slow to a brisk walk for 2 more laps lol. it was more soreness from quads and calves from the day befores workout, but still, mega sad...but im going to start doing something light on my off days before breaky, hopefully to keep my heart in shape.

by the way im standing military pressing 70kgs for 10 reps now, i think its a pretty tough lift, also stiff legging 180 kgs for 8, so my lower back is a fortress. cant wait to start my next blast, its gunna be mad fun.

how is your training going by the way? i was in sydney on the weekend, next time i go i should drop in and we can have a home gym workout lol.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5/7/07

did a cruise session today, so just did one working set of each exercise for upper body, no rest-paused, pretty cruisy not much to discuss.

except how all the weights in the gym were in shambles, i fucking hate it when people dont put weights back, and id reorganised the gym 2 days previous. basically the best systems never have more than one weight on a pin, that way you never have an elusive 20kgs plate hidden behind a few 15 and 10 kg plates. it really frustrates me especially when doing leg press when you run out of plates quickly, fortunately my gym has these new 25 kgs plates so its no longer an issue, but yeah i wish people could just follow the plan and put the weights back where they came from, its not so hard and it makes it fair and just for everybody if everything has a logical place.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5/7/07

did a cruise session today, so just did one working set of each exercise for upper body, no rest-paused, pretty cruisy not much to discuss.

except how all the weights in the gym were in shambles, i fucking hate it when people dont put weights back, and id reorganised the gym 2 days previous. basically the best systems never have more than one weight on a pin, that weigh you never have an elusive 20kgs plate hidden behind a few 15 and 10 kg plates. it really frustrates me especially when doing leg press when you run out of plates quickly, fortunately my gym has these new 25 kgs plates so its no longer an issue, but yeah i wish people could just follow the plan and put the weights back where they came from, its not so hard and it makes it fair and just for everybody if everything has a logical place.

couldnt agree more:xyxthumbs:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
haha knighty^ if people started putting their weights back gym instructors wouldn't have a job.

i might goto a gym if u come down otherwise by then maybe ill have my home gym set up i havent even got a bench yet. once i get a bench and a squat stand and say 20*5kg olympic weights to go on my olympic dumbells ill be set. :p or maybe ill just buy dumbells. I was winning a bid on ebay to win 100,110,120 pound dumbells for like 200 when dumbells are pretty much $4 a kilo or something gay only to be outbidded by $5...god i was pissed

Eventually ill buy a house and dedicate a whole room to that stuff with a powerack hammerstrength upperbody gear and a leg press but im about $495,000 off such a task.

P.s Your cruise session was pretty cruisey accelerate time and get back to real training you girl. :gaygay:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha knighty^ if people started putting their weights back gym instructors wouldn't have a job.

P.s Your cruise session was pretty cruisey accelerate time and get back to real training you girl. :gaygay:

actually my cruise yesterday was mega draining, i think because im going through my sessions quicker im getting quite fatigued, i might have saturdays session off and start heavy on tuesday, im going to hit the 200kgs for reps mark in the next 8 weeks, i can feel it pickledorf, like destiny. lol

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im bored, so im going to write down the lifts i use as a bench mark of my progress, even though i cycle through 3 exercises per bodypart in any given program i basically use the toughest lifts of the 3 to really assess improvement. so here they are.

rp= rest-pause dc style, so each comma is a 15 breath rest.

chest: low incline smith, 70 kg, 9,4,3 rp
(add about 30 kgs coz the machine is freaky heavy, like the bar and locking unit is a fortress)

shoulders: standing military press, 70kg, 10,3,2 rp

triceps: close grip smith, 14,3,3 rp

back width: rack chin, bw + 10kg, 7,3,3 rp

back thickness: deadlift, 190kg, 8

biceps: barbell curl, 50kg, 11,3,3 rp

calves: standing calf raise, 160lb, 10 reps (so embarrassing!)

hamstrings: stiff leg deadlifts, 180kg, 8 reps ( thats more like it)

quads: sqaut, 130kg, 8 reps (back to embarrasing)

well, there it is, so hopefully after my next blast these numbers will have increased by atleast 10 kgs on each lift, thats the goal anyways!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
standing military press is pretty good last time i saw you you were doing 55kgs from memory so 70kg*15 is excellent considering how strict you do them.

stand out weakness is the low incline bench press. scrap the smith machine and use free weights.

p.s what is the weight for ur close grip bench you didnt list it

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see a new log and you have some impressive lifts. Doing deads and squats at the end of your sessions is tough work too!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
standing military press is pretty good last time i saw you you were doing 55kgs from memory so 70kg*15 is excellent considering how strict you do them.

stand out weakness is the low incline bench press. scrap the smith machine and use free weights.

p.s what is the weight for ur close grip bench you didnt list it

yeah its like 70 kgs, but you now how i mention my smith machine is mega heavy, you know how armidales gym had like a counter weighted one, so you could lift around the same as your free weight, this one sets you back atleast 30 kgs hey.....so i close grip 70 kgs plus what the heavy as bar and lock mechanisms weigh, i suspect i can free weight close grip over 100 kgs most likely.

yeah those standing military's are coming along well, im very strong with those and yes my form is mega strict no push press nonsense, i hate it but, coz im stronger than stu at those but his shoulders are bigger lol...mind you its coz he uses his shoulders for all his chest lifts lol...

i need a training partner hey but im so dedicated and serious now that i dont think anyone would be that keen to train with me...also dc is not for everybody...ost people my age apply economic theory and want to do a few sets of biceps at the end of every workout lol

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see a new log and you have some impressive lifts. Doing deads and squats at the end of your sessions is tough work too!

yeah its not too hard...because im doing dc training i really havent done to many working sets by the time im doing my last exercise...i find it better in a way, i feel warmed up and at my peak....most days anyways, sometimes i wanna go home, but then i shut up and squat lol..it used to be my lower body i struggled progressing...now its my chest...draining

i checked your log yesterday, you have some mad lifts too....someone asked you weight as well....how about you go step on a scale im curious...you've got mad shoulder development in your pic, big ups on that

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
someone asked you weight as well....how about you go step on a scale im curious...you've got mad shoulder development in your pic, big ups on that

I'm too scared to check my weight! :ughnoes:

Thanks for the comments buddy.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i got flammed by cju today, man i hate it when 16 year olds bash me man, i wish i could go back to endurance sports so i could have a body like CJU