• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Embarassing Gym Moments

bb4life

bb4life

What's the most embarassing gym experience you've had? I'll give you a recent one that happened yesterday. I was doing incline dumbell presses, I did the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 100's with no problem so I figured I would use the 110's for my last set. On my third rep, I lost the dumbell in my left hand and just my luck , it landed on my Size On shake that was right behind me and smashed it everywhere, there was a huge puddle and it took like a whole roll of paper towels to clean it up. I don't know what was worse, that my set sucked or that I had to get a new shake.:angrydude:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ :49: :49: :49:

I think theres another thread like this somewhere, but I'm not 100% positive :e5dunno:

I'll add one of my embarrassing moments :49:

Quite a while ago, over a year when I still had my old cell phone. I was doing flat db press. After done with my reps, instead of coming up with the dumbells (like I always do now) I dropped them (thought I was hardcore :49: ) and one landed on my cell phone :tear:
It didn't break, but man it was never the same :49:

I'm not sure if anybody saw me, but that really sucked :49:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One time, like 6 months ago I was doing side raises with the 25's, and I was really shaky for some reason. My forearms were really tired from some of the previous exercises I did. When I was done with the 3rd set of side raises, I went to re-rack them and lost my grip some how :49: and i knocked the 20 lb dumbells off the rack and one of the 30 lb dumbbells fell on the floor as well. :49: :49: It was really loud and I just kind of acted like nothing happended and picked the dumbbells back up. :49:

P

Pain

VIP
I banged my head on the shoulder pad for the calf raise machine. I was switching the weights and stood up and banged my head. This was like 3 years ago. Now when ever i train on that machine, i always remember to look up first. :duh:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol nice thread.
ive done the same thing pain, and hit my head on countless other things, but usually i just ignore it and play it off, no one USUALLY notices, and i act like i didnt even though it hurts so they dont notice.

and another thing thats a little different is when people stare at me when im lifting, kind of embaressing but nice to see the look in there eyes saying DAMN! or the other day this little girl kept staring at me wherever i went, i was like wtf?

C

cannonball33

I always fart when I do heavy leg press. It's just inevitable. I make sure and warn my training partner

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One time last year, i was standing behind my friend who was doin side laterals with th 35lb, he didn't need any help so i thought i'd go take a seat on th bench right beside us, and right when i moved past him bang i got hit on th side of my face with th dumbells nd i kind couldn't see anything for bout 15 secs lool

Canabalistic Turnip

Canabalistic Turnip

Doing t bar rows( 160kg) and the bar came up into the air I stepped backwards to make it go down and the bar went through the wall.:linedrunk:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i always like smack my head on the wide grip chin bars for some reason, like it will be after a heavy leg set and then i will walk past it and just smack it, the thing is i have a mega strong head, i think its impervious to injury.......like people will see me smack it real hard and be like are you ok and im like 'yeah im fine'....i am nugget head grrrrrrrr

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's the most embarassing gym experience you've had? I'll give you a recent one that happened yesterday. I was doing incline dumbell presses, I did the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 100's with no problem so I figured I would use the 110's for my last set. On my third rep, I lost the dumbell in my left hand and just my luck , it landed on my Size On shake that was right behind me and smashed it everywhere, there was a huge puddle and it took like a whole roll of paper towels to clean it up. I don't know what was worse, that my set sucked or that I had to get a new shake.:angrydude:

lol dude that sucks..

i can recall a situation that happened the 2nd year i was working out.. i was doing close grip bench.. it was my first time.. my grip was super super close.. i think my hands were almost touching, with only one plate a side! (thankfully) well i lost the balance of the bar.. one side went all the way down.. the plate came off.. then the other side shot up super fast almost took a guys head out.. i felt like a total ass.. the whole gym stopped to see what was goin on..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol funny stories, i have many embarissing moments, I was benching one time, didnt have a spot went for a 12th rep, failed, held it on my chest looking for someone to help, no one helped, so i toppled both sides over all the weights banged hard against the floor, every person in the gym looked at me, and i walked away stretching lol. Ive smacked my head on the smith machine abr at least 5 times, my friend shit his pant while doing deadlifts lol, recentley i farted doing every rep squatting, the whole area stunk so bad

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I was gonna post the same thing which happened to me. Got caught trying to do a final rep with no spotter on bench and had to slidfe the weights off. Some old dude over in the mahcines looked over and asked if I was ok. Oh the shame.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha:49: awesome thread:49:

i was doing t-bar rows like 10 months ago, i was feeling kinda gazzy, and i was gonna do my last set with 5 plates(i shouldnt have gone over 4 to say it that way) i also was using an mp3 player, anyway i bent down to get the weight up and start repping and when i had moved the bar like halfway up i farted soooo bad, man it was fucking loud cuz i could hear it through my mp3 and i had almost max volume:bowroflarms: i looked up and people were staring at me in disbelief:49:
i didnt even bother to pick up the weights, i just left in total humiliation:49:

it didnt exactly help that it smelled like something had crawled up my ass and died:ugh:

oh god it hurts just to think about it:disgust:

V

vdawg

i was doing decline sit ups years ago and it was right by the treadmills and i let out a massive fart and all these girls heard it, i was so fucken embarrassed

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was doing decline sit ups years ago and it was right by the treadmills and i let out a massive fart and all these girls heard it, i was so fucken embarrassed

hhahhaa :bowroflarms:

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
benching a weight and no spotter, all of the sudden i thought i could do one more rep but couldnt get it up. i had to rest it on my chest and sat up with the bar. that sucked. now this never happens, i know my limits or i have a spotter.

bb4life

bb4life

The same thing happened to my dad today. We were at the gym and he was benching and got stuck under the bar while I was away doing front squats so I couldn't help him. Luckily he was able to tip the bar over very quietly.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another story from me :spy:

couple months ago I was doing behind the neck pullups, but I didn't move my head up far enough and hit the very top of my head, and pretty hard at that :49:

a few people saw me, but I busted out 9 more reps after it so I didn't feel like such a jackass :49:

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
same bench story for me as well.... a year and a half ago i was doing 185 on flat barbell bench, did 7 reps and thought i could do an 8th... got half way up and the bar just wouldn't move, lol. I kinda came up like i was doing crunches while sliding the bar off. good thing barely anyone was in the gym and no one saw but I sure did look like a douche taking the weight off while the bar was on the bench lol.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
flatbench story:

did already 3sets with 110lbs for 12reps...
than i started a 4th set and after the 11th rep the bar stoped moving...lol
i couldn't get it up... so i moved it down on my hips and was standing up.. problem i had no springs or whatever on the sides and i turnd and all plates where falling down :keke: and everybody was looking at me :angrydude: