• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

When to drink Weight Gainer?

Scarface

Scarface

Can you People please tell me when I should Drink my Weight Gainer? - Only on Workout Days or also on Break Days?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On both workout and break days imo. It should be consumed between your meals. So its not a meal replacement but an extra. When you take it doesnt really matter.

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No set time i don't think, but when i was on weight gainer (a 2500 calorie a pop shake) it was extremely heavy and destroyed my appetite, so i forced mine down last thing at night (30mins before bed) just so i could eat well in the day. That seemed to work well for me.

Base

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it depends on your budget dude............honestly you shouldnt take in shakes or meal replacements unless its before and after a workout, on days off you should try and stick to just real food all day......but if your having shakes for budgetary reasons in between meals like Philosopher said.

but ideally id have it after a workout when you need some fast protein and carbs

what kind of meal replacements are we talking about but, they're are some good ones, but others are just cheap protein and sugar, and it makes a difference

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Right before bed.

pudd

pudd

First thing upon waking and right after workout

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

I would also take it on both workout and non-workout days but i agree it should not be used as a replacement for food:xyxthumbs:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take it you're goal is to gain weight.

If your sensitivity to high macronutrients is poor, and fat gain is probable, I wouldn't take it before bed.

In addition to your meals, take it post-workout for comfort reasons and digestions reasons. It can be taken throughout the day. For me, I took my weight gainer whenever. It's personal preference.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont take it, just eat more. Weight gainers are a waste of money imo

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
agreed weightgainers = whey+multidextrin+dextrose+moderate dosage of fat

figure it out and its a waste of money, overhyped products shouldn't be a staple to your regime. To gain weight eat 250-500 calories over your daily needs, simple as that. Whole food meals consisting of quality protein, complex carbs and healthy fats are a must.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff