• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

High insulin levels. How to lose BF?

F

fitfreak8203

I have friend who struggles with losing weight( I think she's perfect), and her doctor said that her body produces high amounts of insulin, and in turn cuases barely any weight loss no matter how hard she trains or diets. any suggestions??? What foods should she stay away fom??? Which foods are good for her???

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to MM!

Sorry, but I can't help you. I'm not familiar with that area and would hate to give incorrect advice.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds odd, is she sure its not indicative of another condition? Regardless, there's little she should do differently diet/exercise wise than a normal person, just more of it.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, if she has trouble loosing the weight, than she should simply stay away from the unhealthy fatty foods. Maybe, if she doesnt eat frequently, then have her start to eat more meals. For ex. is she eats 4 meals a day, have her eat around 6-7. With the increase in foods, the metabolistic rate increase resulting in a lesser fat storage. However, like arcane said, I'd hate to give incorrect data, especially if it deals with a persons being. Keep asking others though, good luck!!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, if she has trouble loosing the weight, than she should simply stay away from the unhealthy fatty foods.

Agreed

Maybe, if she doesnt eat frequently, then have her start to eat more meals. For ex. is she eats 4 meals a day, have her eat around 6-7. With the increase in foods, the metabolistic rate increase resulting in a lesser fat storage.

This is not correct, it makes no difference

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like hypoglycemia but she would have to confirm that with her doctor. Anyways, frequent meals with low glycemic carbs are key along with organic type foods.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like hypoglycemia but she would have to confirm that with her doctor. Anyways, frequent meals with low glycemic carbs are key along with organic type foods.

Agreed

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Yup, my ex was like this. Cut out the processed sugar and such things that will spike her insulin aka candy, sugar drinks, cookies, etc. and have her eat like Wolf said, low glycemic carbs like oats, rice, potatoes. The less of insulin spikes the better. :xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Read the link Achilles posted, guys. You will be glad you did.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Read the link Achilles posted, guys. You will be glad you did.

It's a pretty good read. I've come across that stuff before and I think the most interesting thing is that the GI can change for certain foods if you cook them. Oats have a GI of 40 but once they are cooked it raises to 60 and I think carrots are similar...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MetalMX

MetalMX

Avoiding foods with a high insulin load would help. e.g yogurt, milk, baked beans... even if these foods are low G.I. all three have a very high insulin load. So focus on foods with a low insulin load. Diet wise something like a high protein, low carbohydrate diet which includes plenty of fibrous vegetables and EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) Coming from Flaxseed, Udo's or Fish Oil will lower insulin levels and help you to lose bodyfat.

If the problem is insulin resistance then this type of diet would be particularly beneficial.