• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Low Vitamin C levels impair Fat Loss!!!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Low vitamin C levels impair fat loss

by Dr. Paul Cribb Ph.D. CSCS.
AST Director of Research

Not enough vitamin C in the blood stream has been suggested to retard fat metabolism. That’s the conclusion of a recent study presented at the Experimental Biology 2006 Meeting in San Francisco last month.

Nutrition researchers from Arizona State University reported that the amount of vitamin C in the blood stream is directly related to fat oxidation - the body's ability to use fat as a fuel source - during both exercise and at rest.

The findings of this study on a group of 20 overweight men and women revealed that as the participants progressed through the four week diet, those not given vitamin C (500mg each day) showed lever levels of this vitamin in their blood each week. As vitamin C blood concentrations fell in this group so did their ability to oxidize (utilize) fat. Vitamin C appears to play an important role in fat utilization as a fuel source. However, this water soluble vitamin can’t be stored in the body, so frequent, daily does are necessary you’re attempting to lose body fat.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
"running down getting some c-vitamin"

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ haha i did

secondyearperry

secondyearperry

i thought my brother discovered this himself. he was overweight and lost over 100lbs. instead of binge eatin he ha da vitamin c pill and had 3-5 pills a day instead of one. didnt' know anybody else knew about it

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take 'em a lot when I'm sick.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting. But taking too much vitamin C can produce some bad results if I remember correctly.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take 500 to 1,500mg a day.