• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

12 Week Cut Diet

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the carb cylcle Im going to follow for the next 12 weeks for my cutting phase.

Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday – Less than 50g carbs, 2g Protein per pound of bodyweight

7:00am- egg whites, turkey bacon
10:00am- Protein shake
12:30pm- Chicken/tuna/steak, cottage cheese, mixed greens
3:00pm- Protein Shake
5:30- Chicken/tuna/steak, mixed greens
PWO meal- Protein shake, Gatorade
10:00pm- Cottage cheese or Shake

Thursday/Friday- 100-150g Carbs, 1.5g Protein per pound of bodyweight

7:00am egg whites, oats or shredded potatoes
10:00am- Protein Shake
12:30pm- Chicken/tuna/steak, mixed greens
3:00pm Protein Shake
5:30pm Chicken/tuna/steak, mixed greens, brown rice
PWO meal- Protein shake, Gatorade
10:00pm Cottage cheese or shake

Saturday/Sunday- 2g carbs per pound of bodyweight, 1g protein per pound

9:00am egg whites, shredded potatoes/oats
12:00pm Chicken/tuna/steak, mixed greens, Brown rice
3:00pm Protein shake, oats
PWO meal Protein shake, oats, Gatorade
6:00pm Chicken/tuna/steak, Brown rice, Greens
9:00pm cottage cheese, mixed greens
11:00pm Same as meal before

And of course i'll be getting my fats from EFA's throughout the week...

Ill go by look/weight loss and adjust calories as needed weekly

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yes that looks good IMO, but I think you could change it up a little, to more protein and less carbs on the high carb days, but just by a hair.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya i agree...i think 2g of carbs Per pound is a bit much.

J

Juaninacka

Little food for small men:weaksuace:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would cut out the dairy at night and add tilapia or orange roughy instead. Also cut out dairy all together and dont drink gatorade. It has alot of hugh fructose corn syrup and sugar. Only drink gatoade in te offseason.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shit no...need that fast acting carb right after training on or off-season IMO....gatorade is the shit. Ill sometimes use dextrose in my shake instead but i normally will use single scoop 34g carbs of gatorade.

And i take cottage cheese at night due to the fact its a casein protein source....

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i agree with tonyk, you need to cut that gatorade out.. its pointless. just add some dextrose to your PWO and ull be fine.. fructose is no good for dieting.. 400 grams of protein a day seems quite high, but what do i know.. i personally think 1.5 grams of protein per lbs of muscle is more then enough.. your making your diet to complicated if you ask me.. tell me what you think of something like this..

Meal 1

* 60g Whey
* 1 Multigrain Bagel
* 2 Cups Oatmeal
* 1 Tbsp. 100% Natural Peanut Butter
* 1 Tbsp. Pure Jam

Meal 2

* 8-10oz Steak
* 2-3 Cups White Rice
* 1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 3

* 8-10oz Steak
* 2-3 Cups White Rice
* 1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 4

* 50g Whey
* 100g Dextrose

Meal 5

* 8-10oz Chicken Breast
* 10oz Potato

Meal 6

* 8-10oz Steak
* 1 Cup Rice
* 1 Cup Vegetables

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To much starchy carbs IMO serb....i use brown rice while dieting and if we are on the subject of me cutting out gatorade do to sugars (the little i have) while dieting then why would i take 100g of dextrose and Jam????. This is an old post by the way....my diet has adjusted some since. Shoot for around 350g protein, 150-175 carbs and 50g healthy fats during the week then i up the carbs a bit and lower protein on weekends. Every 6 or so days ill take a couple days of extreme low carbs below 100g just to further deplete. When i stop losing the 2 or so lbs a week im aiming for ill adjust calories accordingly. Right now I take in oats/brown rice/flourless bread and some yams for carbs. Protein is from whey, extra lean beef, fish, chicken, turkey and eggwhites. So far so good but i'll take the advice and use dextrose over gatorade. Thx for the input guys

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude dont put your diet up and ask for feeback if ure gonna turn it down especially when were right. Gatorade is awfull when dieting and fat free cottage cheese isnt the best either when trying to get ripped. Either drink whey at night or go get actual casein protein. Dont be so serious about casein at night its not as important as u think. Any kind of protein or fish at night is perfect for dieting.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude dont put your diet up and ask for feeback if ure gonna turn it down especially when were right. Gatorade is awfull when dieting and fat free cottage cheese isnt the best either when trying to get ripped. Either drink whey at night or go get actual casein protein. Dont be so serious about casein at night its not as important as u think. Any kind of protein or fish at night is perfect for dieting.

"So far so good but i'll take the advice and use dextrose over gatorade. Thx for the input guys"

Didnt i say i would?

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i wasnt sure im just trying to help out.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya no worries man i appreciate the input.

sqwert

sqwert

like everybody else said i would cut out the gatordae and try and eat more whole food instead of shakes if you can

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too much protein on some of your days. There's no need to go above 3g of protein per kg of body weight.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so would you up the carbs then wolf? i wanna make sure im getting in enough calories

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like everybody else said i would cut out the gatordae and try and eat more whole food instead of shakes if you can

Ya gatorade is out :D like i said this is kinda out of whack cause its changed alot since i posted. Im eating lots of whole foods. Got my midmorning shake and post workout shake thats it

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hope ur diet is going good man!!

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
gatorade powder is fine, it contains dextrose. I think all the grief is laid on the bottled gatorade, that contains fructose.... and i agree is terrible for cutting.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so would you up the carbs then wolf? i wanna make sure im getting in enough calories

Yes, carbs are not as evil as some people think. It really just comes down to calories in, calories out.