• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Guitars

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hey guys,

I wanted to start a thread about Guitar, and music theory in general. It will be a Q&A type thread for anyone with questions about music playing or theory. A place for people to show off their riggs and setups, anyone who has a nice home recording setup etc. A place to debate guitarists and whatnot. Post pictures/videos/tutorials about guitar playing. A place to show off your own playing ability :xyxthumbs: Seeing on how the thread goes, possibly a guitarist/Musician of the month!

Ill start off, im 20, ive been playing for about 10 years, and ive been teaching for the past two. Im always looking to find out new stuff about playing and theory, so if anyones got anythign for me, then throw it this way lol. If anyone has questions about playing and stuff, id be happy to make some youtube videos for you!

Heres my guitar rigg:
10173786 767674366600638 4648562804628378136 n zpsebff5ab8

This is my little recording setup:
10300012 767717609929647 5123677744849959285 n zps0c34d598

My fave guitarist: Jason Becker, 1st vid = Serrana (sweep section) 2nd vid = Altitudes

YouTube - Jason Becker - Serrana

(this isnt him, but its his song)
YouTube - Altitudes by Jason Becker

So there we go guys, hope to see a few guitarists/musicians around here!!

Attachments

• ampandguitars.JPG
    ampandguitars.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 54
  • laptopmonitors.JPG
    laptopmonitors.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My question is do you have a guitar as cool as Buckethead?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My next question is what are your top 5 favorite guitarists?

:spy:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice setup Skeptic, real nice. I like this thread, although I dont play the guitar I will visit this thread often.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've never heard one bad solo from Dimebag.

EVH

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Dimebag, although a great riffer.... have you ever deconstructed any of his solos ?:p

fave guitarists:

5.Wes montgomery (if you dont know him... check him out)
4.Muhammed Suicmez (from the band Necrophagist)
3.Yngwie Malmsteen (although hes not the best... he is a huge influence on my early playing)
2.Michael Romeo(from the band Symphony X)
1.Jason becker

What about you flex? whats your top 5, and what is your background?

S

Slabbefusk

I recently bought an Egnater IE-4 preamp, still looking to get a good power amp and cab for it but the sounds I get now are pretty awesome :D.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't see anything wrong with Dime's solo's, although sometimes he may use the whammy bar at strange times. My top 5 is not necessarily who I think are the five best, but here it is.

1. Buckethead (have about 25 of his albums)
2. Paul Gilbert
3. Steve Vai
4. Dimebag
5. Joe Satriani

background? I just listen to it.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
True that, i thoguht you must have played haha

Nice list. Buckethead is definately a great player, i grow tired of the whole 'buckethead' persona though.... even though he denies it... i wouldnt be surprised if buckethead turned out to be paul gilbert hahaha

Vai is fantastic as well, i dont really get into anything other than 'passion and warfare' but i respect his immense knowledge and skill none-the-less

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice list. Buckethead is definately a great player, i grow tired of the whole 'buckethead' persona though.... even though he denies it...
I see what you mean, but I think it's pretty obvious there's something wrong with Brian (Caroll). I think it's Autism, but nobody really knows. What I like about Buckethead is how he could go from incredibly fast shredding (such as album "Cobra Strike") to something as calm as (album "COLMA"). Not to mention he plays acoustic, the banjo, and his funny ass dancing moves.

i wouldnt be surprised if buckethead turned out to be paul gilbert hahaha
haha, although Bucket is a couple inches taller and probably even lankier than Gilbert. That would mean Bucket wears a wig every concert too.

:uhoh2:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
That would mean Bucket wears a wig every concert too.
:uhoh2:

lol yeah pretty much. their technique is much the same though

How come you dont play guitar?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Cant get over how bad the songs come out when you put them on myspace :disgust: It cut out all the kicks and A LOT of the cymbals.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5 favourite guitarists

5. Adam Jones
4. Mike McCready
3. Tom Morello
2. Joe Perry
1. Eric Clapton

top 5 of all time (IMO)

5. BB King
4. Eric Clapton
3. Robert Johnson
2. Chuck Berry
1. Jimi Hendrix

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just got a cheap yamaha guitar a while ago, i still need to get some lessons from my buddy, i've always wanted to know how to play guitar but i just haven't got the time

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i just got a cheap yamaha guitar a while ago, i still need to get some lessons from my buddy, i've always wanted to know how to play guitar but i just haven't got the time

Everyone needs to learn on something man, if you have any questions about learning, or questions about guitar, ask man!! im sure either me or someone else can answer your questions

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
That's very strange considering Gilbert was his teacher.

:jerkoff1:

:49: being a smartarse ey... have a look a their picking styles man.

Just because he learnt from paul gilbert, he should have the same picking style???? :thumbsdown: every(different) guitarists picking style is different in some way.