• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Game Obsession Blamed in Xbox Baby Murder Trial

P

Pain

VIP
Video game obsession is what lead to the beating death of 17-month-old Alayiah Turman, an Assistant District Attorney said yesterday in the closing arguments of Tyrone Spellman's murder trial.

"(Spellman's) entire life and daily routine is about playing (Ghost Recon).

"What do you think someone with that kind of obsession is going to do when it gets knocked over? What do you think is going to happen?

"The skull fractures on that baby are what happened."

Prosecutors say that Spellman was obsessed with video games, that he played them up to six hours a day. They say that in September 2006 Spellman beat his daughter, Alayiah Turman, to death after she knocked over his Xbox 360 while he was playing Ghost Recon.

Spellman's defense attorney cast blame on the child's mother and said that the confession was coerced. The case was handed to the jury yesterday afternoon, but they had still not reached a verdict last night and were set to return today to continue deliberation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually sold my xbox 360 a few days ago, i'm pretty much done with gaming.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have one too.....not used very much though....not enough to be that obsessed....

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obsessed or not, that's not excuse for killing a 17 month old child. That man should be hung from a very high tree with the power cord to the X-box.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
coming soon......

Congress Bans Xbox's because they Kill Babies

P

Pain

VIP
Man Convicted in Xbox Baby Killing

Tyrone Spellman was found guilty yesterday of beating to death his 17-month-old daughter, cracking her head "like a walnut", after the girl knocked over his Xbox 360 during a gaming session.

Spellman, convicted of third-degree murder and endangering the welfare of a child, faces up to 47 years in prison.

The jury elected to find him guilty of third-degree and not first-degree murder because they found Spellman acted in rage but without intending to kill the child. Prosecutors had blamed Spellman's obsession with video games as one of the reason's he killed the little girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously? He should be put to death. The bottom line is the killed an innocent child out of spite. If he can't tell the difference between real life and a video game then he doesn't deserve to live anyway. Damn.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What a massive tard!
Using video games as an excuse for being a freak.
:angrydude:

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"What do you think someone with that kind of obsession is going to do when it gets knocked over? What do you think is going to happen?

"The skull fractures on that baby are what happened."

That's a whole lotta BULLSHIT... this guy's mentally sick and is a complete psycho case. I don't care if you're obsessed with gaming - you're not likely to beat your daughter to death

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats one of the saddest and sickest things I've ever heard.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff