• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do you sacrifice?

Mr.Olympia 2008

Mr.Olympia 2008

For those that are obsessed on adding that 2lbs of muscle or losing a few pounds round the waist, what things do you sacrifice to reach those goals?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
30 min on a crosstrainer every morning :crymeariver:

B

BBspace

All i need to do is to pump up some dbols and lift the weights PRETTY hard lol

jk

Of course, I do hard things like cardio every 3 am in morning and afternoon to loss fat in a week. Actually I lost almost 30 lbs of fats with some muscle :( dieting down.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All i need to do is to pump up some dbols and lift the weights PRETTY hard lol

jk

Of course, I do hard things like cardio every 3 am in morning and afternoon to loss fat in a week. Actually I lost almost 30 lbs of fats with some muscle :( dieting down.
Nice work :xyxthumbs:

Like most bodybuilders, I sacrifice my social life. Instead of being out on a Friday night drinking and havin a good time, I'm in the gym doing legs or getting in that extra meal at 12 at night. It's just what we do.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sacrifice without regret.. one of the best quotes ever.. surely my social life is affected big time.. when the boys go out on the weekend i have to say no, drinking is obviously very limited and only done in the off season.. sacrifice being able to enjoy good tasting food year round.. besides that i wouldn't trade this life for the world.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I try to stay busy. l've actually found that with going to school, having a job, and living this lifestyle, I actually am on a better schedule for eating and training than I would be without school or job.

Blond Bomber

Blond Bomber

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sacrifice is the wrong word here. To sacrifice is to exchange a greater value for a lesser one. So its only a "Sacrifice" if you value your time more than your muscles.

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

macdonalds....haha

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IN the offseason not much because i enjoy my offseasons-as everyone should. But in precontest pretty much everything. Plus havig a gf and being in college its mighty hard but i do it cuz i love it!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot... The list could go on and on. But I never regret it and the rewards are priceless.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would say alot, but it´s just changing your mindset on food. can be hard but can be done. it´s really rewarding so there are no regrets. i do like getting drunk so there you a sacrifice

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha drunk im in college and around it all the time its easy to give up-alcohol that is.

MaKaVeLi

MaKaVeLi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot... The list could go on and on. But I never regret it and the rewards are priceless.

I'm with ya on that! Perhaps it's worth noting them down though.

Diet

A big one - I don't enjoy eating arduous amounts of tasteless protein such as tuna and cottage cheese with low carbs and low-fat foods but it's what I need to do to get results - I don't eat anything remotely fun such as burgers, fries, ice-cream, chocolate, snack foods etc...this can have a huge impact on your mood - as my family's come to know

Money

I spend a lot on food but also on supplements that help me maintain my muscle while burning fat. The gym fees aren't exactly cheap either.

Time

I spend 5 x 90 minutes of training a week - which I could have used to relax or spend with my friends or family. To a small extent - my career, I tend not to stay into work late because the only thing on my mind is that I've just had my pre-workout meal and I need to get the hell into the gym!! It's stressful for family relations because I prioritize my training above almost all other things - but my family just doesn't understand.

There's many more little sacrifices that I make in my life to do what I do but in the end the results speak for themselves. And knowing that I'm putting my heart and soul into something I feel so passionately about makes me all the more proud of what I'm achieving each and everyday - what I achieve isn't just results but it's consistently making those sacrifices for the bigger cause.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was going to say nothing cos I eat what I want and don't do any cardio - but I am pretty specific about getting enough sleep before training which affects what I do and don#t do in an evening.