• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Uneven Pecs

U

umegghiu973

So all my other body parts are making progress as they should, however my chest seems to be lagging and a bit uneven (right is smaller then left). Does anyone else have this problem? What do you think i can do do even out and pop out my chest more?

I have been doing only db movements to try and even it out and it helps out taking my internally rotated shoulder out of play a lil bit to which i think is part or the problem with the lagging chest. Any suggestions guys?

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

i have no idea man...
i have a weaker chest compared to the rest of my body also

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have the exact same problem man! Except for me it is the right side bigger than the left and a bit stronger. Mostly it is just probably genetic. Some people just have bigger body parts than others and consequently some seem to lack a little bit. I have also read some research that suggests that some people may subconciously use other body parts more than they should when lifting a certain muscle group, in this case chest. If that were the case then your delts and tri's may be taking the bulk of the stress during your chest workout. I would suggest always doing presses with your shoulder blades pinched together as much as you can. This will keep the hemerus in its place and thus isolate chest better. I think the biggest mistake would be to overtrain your chest. I would be interested in seeing a sample chest routine of yours. All in all, I think the chest will catch up with time. Train hard, eat smart, be patient and it will catch up.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have the exact same problem man! Except for me it is the right side bigger than the left and a bit stronger. Mostly it is just probably genetic. Some people just have bigger body parts than others and consequently some seem to lack a little bit. I have also read some research that suggests that some people may subconciously use other body parts more than they should when lifting a certain muscle group, in this case chest. If that were the case then your delts and tri's may be taking the bulk of the stress during your chest workout. I would suggest always doing presses with your shoulder blades pinched together as much as you can. This will keep the hemerus in its place and thus isolate chest better. I think the biggest mistake would be to overtrain your chest. I would be interested in seeing a sample chest routine of yours. All in all, I think the chest will catch up with time. Train hard, eat smart, be patient and it will catch up.

Great info

Dumbells and unilateral exercises could help as well

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Stop doing barbell exercises, instead start doing flyes and dumbbellpress, Another thing you can try is one arm chestpress, that has done wonders for my pecs.

KM110

KM110

Got the same problem bro. Switch your routine up if you have not done so. Perhaps you aren't shocking as much growth as you potentially could. Hit the dumbbell exercises definitely. It could be genetics, but even so, try to do the best you can to overcome that.

You could also, while doing DB press, do a couple more reps with your weaker (or smaller) pec.

Also, like said aboce, hit those flys.

U

umegghiu973

i usually do DB flys then incline DB press then either pec-dec fly or cable crossovers

the next chest session ill do incline DB flys, flat DB presses, then again pec-dec flys or cable crossovers

i just repeat these two sessions, some times i do both in one week or just train chest once a week depending on how i feel

KM110

KM110

What helps for me to shock growth is doing a Day A then a Day B session. A and B are different workouts so I always assure that my body isn't adapting to a certain routine.

Good luck bro.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i usually do DB flys then incline DB press then either pec-dec fly or cable crossovers

the next chest session ill do incline DB flys, flat DB presses, then again pec-dec flys or cable crossovers

i just repeat these two sessions, some times i do both in one week or just train chest once a week depending on how i feel

In my opinion I dont think that you are pressing enough. Keep it simple and compound. After a warm up, hit up a simple press either with barbell or dumbell and alternate each session between flat and incline. I would suggest 4-5 sets of 4-8 reps. Then move to the next angle and do 3-4 more sets of dumbell or barbell press at the same rep range. Then maybe finish off with a fly motion with lighter way to stretch teh chest out and squeeze. That would be my suggestion.

Oh, and that routine would be more in the intermediate to advanced stages of lifting. If you are a beginner I wouldnt suggest that many sets.