• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Jay Cutler training pics

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
MADMAX said:
At Jay's house last weekend I saw a strange machine in his garage next to his treadmills and steppers, it's called a Power Plate and here is what it is used for.

Sports teams and professional athletes throughout the world use Power Plate® machines to gain a competitive edge. But it is also ideal for at-home exercise or rehabilitation. Medical studies have demonstrated that low-stress vibration training can reduce pain and soreness and speed the recovery of damaged muscles and tendons

Jay took a few pics n it and here is what he had to say about it.

"The power plate I use for stretching and flexibility. It has been used by NASA for training of the astronauts. I use it daily when training @ full capacity"

100 2007 wm 1

100 2008 wm 1

100 2009 wm 1

100 2010 wm 1

100 2011 wm 1

:keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmm... sounds cool, wish we had one at our gym.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmmm....Thats weird

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good ol jay always using the next step to improve himslef.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks nice, but whats next?

Ab shaper 1

:keke:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wonder what the cost is? I can hardly imagine that the results would be worth the price of the machine, but thats just me.

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That may be the secret for the 2008 mr.olympia

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and WHAT* are its beneffits?vibrations activate blood flow? or works stability?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wonder what the cost is? I can hardly imagine that the results would be worth the price of the machine, but thats just me.

price wouldnt matter to him
he prolly got it for free:keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thats true, or discounted at least. That is why he probably had them take some "pictures" of him using it convienantly. :uhoh2:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
uh oh, the secret for 08' is reveiled... I feel sorry for the competition, its over now :49:

gustavo's gut's control secret?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

He is probably getting paid to "use" it. Good ole jay selling out. I don't blame him either. While Tony Romo is getting paid 10's of millions, he gets chump change for winning his "Super Bowl".

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they have one at my gym but it can only be used with supervision of one of the trainers. I've heard it really helps with flexibility, but you pay out the ass for them.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Truthfully, there are lots of studies showing benefits of vibration training.

The use of vibration training to enhance muscle strength and power.
Luo J, McNamara B, Moran K
Sports Med. 2005; 35(1): 23-41

Vibration has been combined with conventional resistance training in an attempt to attain greater gains in neuromuscular performance than from conventional resistance training alone. Although there is a lack of strictly controlled studies on the vibration training effect, current findings in this area suggest that vibration may have a beneficiary acute and/or chronic training effect on strength and power enhancement. However, the effect of vibration on strength and power development appears dependent upon the vibration characteristics (method of application, amplitude and frequency) and exercise protocols (training type, intensity and volume) employed. Vibration amplitude and frequency determine the load that vibration imposes on the neuromuscular system. This vibration load should be in an optimal range to elicit strength and power enhancement. To activate the muscle most effectively, vibration frequency should be in the range of 30-50 Hz. It is less clear to what the optimal amplitude should be, but smaller amplitudes may be insufficient to elicit an enhancement. It should also be noted that the method of vibration application (i.e. vibration applied directly or indirectly to a targeted muscle) may have an influence on the magnitude of amplitude and frequency that are delivered to the muscle and, therefore, may have an influence on vibration training effect.The employment of a greater exercise intensity and volume within a vibration training programme may facilitate a larger enhancement in strength and power. In addition, benefits from vibration training may be greater in elite athletes than non-elite athletes.Further studies are required to examine these inter-dependencies, especially in relation to chronic adaptation to dynamic exercises, which are the most relevant response to practitioners, but where the least amount of research has been undertaken.

Vibration training: benefits and risks.
Mester J, Kleinöder H, Yue Z
J Biomech. 2006; 39(6): 1056-65

The main results of our recent several studies, i.e. the measurements of vibration training results for single case and group studies as well as the cardiovascular parameter measurements during vibrations and the corresponding hydrodynamic analysis, are summarized. Our studies and previous work all confirm that vibration training is an effective training method in order to improve maximal strength and flexibility as well as various other factors if the training is properly designed. Some recommendations regarding the proper ranges of frequencies, amplitudes and exposure duration of vibration training are made based on the existing vibration training practice and mechanism analysis, although much work remains to be carried out in order to set up clear rules for various groups of people so that maximal training results could be expected and in the meantime potential dangerous effects could be avoided. Cardiovascular parameter measurements confirm that total peripheral resistance (TPR) to the blood flow is increased during body vibration. Hydrodynamic analysis offers the mechanism for the increase of TPR through the deformation of vessels. As a reaction of compensation, more capillaries are probably opened in order to keep a necessary level of cardiac output needed for the body, resulting in more efficient gas and material metabolism between the blood and muscle fibres. This might be one of the reasons for the various potential beneficial effects of vibration training.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: The secrets out! Maybe Ronnie Should have tried this in 04' :keke:

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vdawg

i seen one of those machines on the tyra banks show last week. for bicep curls all you do is grab the straps and do the first 1/8th of a curl and hold it and apparently you will get nice bis

MADMAX6

MADMAX6

Respected Member
10K is the answer to the price questions