• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC 81 PPV Results: Brock Lesnar's Debut Fight

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC 81 "Breaking Point"
From Las Vegas, Nevada
February 2nd, 2008

QUICK-MATCH RESULTS

Prelim Fights:

-Rob Emerson def. Keita Nakamura via Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.
-Marvin Eastman def. Terry Martin via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.
-Tim Boetsch def. David Heath via TKO (strikes) at 4:52 of Round 1.
-Chris Lytle def. Kyle Bradley via TKO (strikes) at 0:33 of Round 1.

PPV Fights:

-Tyson Griffin def. Gleison Tibau via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.
-Ricardo Almeida def. Rob Yundt via Submission (guillotine choke) at 1:08 of Round 1.
-Nate Marquardt def. Jeremy Horn via Submission (guillotine choke) at 1:37 of Round 2.
-Frank Mir def. Brock Lesnar via Submission (kneebar) at 1:30 of Round 1.
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira def. Tim Sylvia via Submission (guillotine choke) at 1:28 of Round 3 to become interim UFC Heavyweight champion.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lesnar actually did pretty well, he showed a LOT of potential.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lesnar looked good, made a mistake and got caught in a kneebar - not the first guy to have that happen against a submission fighter the caliber of Mir. If he had not gotten so anxious to pound Mir out and stayed safe I don't think Mir would have had a chance the way Lesnar was just over powering him, hopefully next time Lesnar keeps his head about him a bit better and gets a win, he is certainly going to be fun to watch. Sylvia looked good, sprawled well, was easily winning the stand up, but Nog is what he is and pulled out another one. Still, Tim looked better and more aggressive than he has in a while. Lytle's fight was the best, 33 seconds of fury, that was awesome.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lesnar looked good, made a mistake and got caught in a kneebar - not the first guy to have that happen against a submission fighter the caliber of Mir. If he had not gotten so anxious to pound Mir out and stayed safe I don't think Mir would have had a chance the way Lesnar was just over powering him, hopefully next time Lesnar keeps his head about him a bit better and gets a win, he is certainly going to be fun to watch.

Agreed, that was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Lesnar to take things to the ground and overpower him, only to be caught with a submission. Lesnar's striking was a bit sloppy too on the ground. It was a decent showing for him though, it proved he has the potential.