• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Brock Lesnar's UFC 81 Salary

P

Pain

VIP
Not bad for 1 minute & 30 seconds of fighting.

Date Added: February 02, 2008
Story By: Michael Shalik

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports, Brock Lesnar will pocket $450,000 if he wins his UFC debut tonight. That figure includes $250,00 just to show up and a $200,000 bonus if he wins. Lesnar has the chance to earn even more than that with "locker room" bonuses if his fight is exciting.

The $250,000 base pay is more guaranteed money than any other fighter on the card. Considering Lesnar has just one professional mixed martial arts fight to his credit, it says a lot about how much Dana White is banking on him

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His wage works out to be $10 000 000 an hour.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's signing garbage like this that made Couture walk. Considering how many amazing fighters there are making about half that an event (Anderson Silva being one of them), seeing a prop like Lesnar rake in a quarter million at base makes me agree with Randy.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's signing garbage like this that made Couture walk. Considering how many amazing fighters there are making about half that an event (Anderson Silva being one of them), seeing a prop like Lesnar rake in a quarter million at base makes me agree with Randy.

Its all about the money though, I'm sure they easily made 5 times that in pay per views and media attention with him.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Firstly man, i hate to say it, but Couture is a clown for walking like he did, despite what he says he's signed a contract, but thats another issue. I think Lesnar easily deserves the money he got. I mean at the end of the day these guys are getting paid for how many asses they can put in the seats. Anderson is a great example though, here's a guy who's probably the best MW in the world (barring Hendo) BUT he's not widely recognized, he can't speak english and he has no public recognition, at least not to the extent Lesnar does. Based on skill, Lesnar deserves alot less, but sadly MMA isn't as noble as some of its fans are, and instead these guys are paid purely on what they can draw, which i think is fair. But that's just my opinion :hsughr:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^While I don't feel draw potential is right, it's definitely the way it is; good point, CC:xyxthumbs:

I agree with Randy more in principal, not necessarily in his specific situation. I wish he'd just finish out his last two fights, get his millions, and then walk if he felt the need to do so. All the drama and garbage associated with his situation is more than old at this point, not to mention unbecoming of him overall.

Frank Shamrock stated on a number of occasions that the UFC isn't interested in good fighters, only marketable ones. While they can't survive without genuine talent, their payouts do validate this point of view. The UFC's 'freak' fights aren't as blatant as Japan's, but Lesnar is an example of one nonetheless.

I want to see Andreson and Hendo each receive $300,000 on base for their upcoming bout and Rich Franklin receive MUCH more than $45,000 walking into a fight (Timmah got 200,000 for just stepping in with Vera, which is incredibly ridiculous--he and Tito are two of the most consistently overpaid fighters in the sport, hands down); then I'll be a happy camper:hsughr:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Firstly man, i hate to say it, but Couture is a clown for walking like he did, despite what he says he's signed a contract, but thats another issue. I think Lesnar easily deserves the money he got. I mean at the end of the day these guys are getting paid for how many asses they can put in the seats. Anderson is a great example though, here's a guy who's probably the best MW in the world (barring Hendo) BUT he's not widely recognized, he can't speak english and he has no public recognition, at least not to the extent Lesnar does. Based on skill, Lesnar deserves alot less, but sadly MMA isn't as noble as some of its fans are, and instead these guys are paid purely on what they can draw, which i think is fair. But that's just my opinion :hsughr:

The thing with Randy (and also with Tito) is that they don't want to be owned by an organization. They want to be independent fighters that can go around fighting for the promotion that offers them the best fight. Like boxing.

I agree fully... then we would see the best fighting the best.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not sure how much the fighters or promoters make per event, but compared to sports like boxing and the salaries those guys receive, its pretty safe to say the fighters don't make nearly enough.

I mean, De La Hoya made 23 Million dollars for fighting Mayweather, thats pretty sick.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Incredibly so:no: The fighters are horribly underpaid considering the amount of what they do; UFC's upper brass is terribly corrupt in that regard.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff