• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Doctor Fatality's Log

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, after 4 weeks of not working out do to family issues and mid-terms (school related as well) I've finally been able to hit up the gym. Instead of progressing with the HST routine, which I found to be not so good for another reason, I've decided to hit up a routine that I found in Rocky's "Split Training all Wrong" thread. I looked at it, and I liked it, it's short and has a ton of compound movements which will help with my testosterone levels and keep the workout short. It's as follows.

Overhead Dumbbell or Barbell Press: 2 sets of 10 reps 55lbs.
Squats: 3 sets of 10 135lbs
Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps 100lbs.
Chins: 3 sets of 10 On assist
Dips: 2 sets of 8 reps No assist
Barbell Curls: 2 sets of 8 reps Just bar
Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps 55lbs.

For the first day back from a 4 week draught, I'm actually glad that I was even able to do a good percentage of what I've been able to do. For the first day of this routine, I liked it because it was relatively short and I was able to pump out a significant amount of energy towards the end; a rare occasion for me for I tend to have long workouts that contain many unwanted and unneeded exercises. I liked the compound movements because this also helped to release a ton of testosterone and keep the workout short because I was able to work many muscles at once. As the routine calls, I'm only doing whats 'hard' for me right now and I'll increase the weight depending on my body's ability to push it. I'll also adjust rest periods accordingly. In addition, I'll maybe try to reach failure once in a while, even though I'm skeptic as to when. Also, I'm still debating as to if I should change it up once in a while, or only change it up once I stop receiving results. I hoped you enjoyed my log, hopefully I'll quickly bump up these weights with the sound diet plan I got going. If you have any suggestions please feel free to either PM me or just post. Have a nice day. :tiphat:

---Fatality

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks good bro! Cant wait to see the sessions! I would suggest to maybe switch up from session to session with your back and throw in some deads or barbell rows occasionally. Great first session back.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice.Ill keep checking your log now and then:xyxthumbs:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Welcome back mate :xyxthumbs:
Nice to see a new log aswell

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GReat stuff!! keep it up dude!

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Keep it active bro :xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see the log and the routine looks good. I hope you stick at it for a while.

A minor quibble. I'd personally do the bench first then overhead press after squats. Chest is the bigger muscle group - plus it's better for your shoulders to be warmed up nicely for overhead pressing.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, I decided to recreate the routine. I've come across some really good points from Rocky and TheCreator so I'll incorporate them. Here we go.

First two weeks 12-15 (Endurance)
Following two weeks 6-8 (Mass and Strength)
After those two weeks 3-6 reps (Strength)

So basically
Week 1, 2 (12-15)
Week 3, 4 (6-8)
Week 5, 6 (3-6)
After, thinking about deloading for about a week. Or, to make the routine longer, I might make each semester 3 weeks.

Anyways. here it is.

Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of corresponding weeks.
Squats: 3 sets of corresponding weeks.
Overhead Dumbbell or Barbell Press: 2 sets of corresponding weeks.
Chins: 3 sets of corresponding weeks.
Dips: 2 sets of corresponding weeks.
Barbell Curls: 2 sets of corresponding weeks.
Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of corresponding weeks.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll start off light each semester and increase accordingly but I'll also keep the work outs 'hard' but not to failure. I'll approach failure maybe 1-2 per semester towards the end of it. The rest periods will be around 2 minutes for all three semesters, maybe a little longer for the last one. After every semester, I'll switch up the workout but not the order. F.E. instead of doing bb bench press, I'll do dumbells. Or I might not even changed up the different movements because the muscles are already guessing on the different reps and weights after each semester. If you like it, please comment, if you don't like it, comments are also welcomed, thanks.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking forward to the new log. Work hard bro. :xyxthumbs:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here's what I would do, follow it if you want to: Add in barbell rows, alternating under and overhand each session. Same with dumbbells and barbells for bench. Do 2 sets instead of 3 per exercise (not counting warmup), and do that workout 3x a week. Or if you only want to go twice, do 3 sets per exercise.

Get some pics up immediately, it makes your pics in the coming months that more impressive. I'll take them if you want me to.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here's what I would do, follow it if you want to: Add in barbell rows, alternating under and overhand each session. Same with dumbbells and barbells for bench. Do 2 sets instead of 3 per exercise (not counting warmup), and do that workout 3x a week. Or if you only want to go twice, do 3 sets per exercise.

Get some pics up immediately, it makes your pics in the coming months that more impressive. I'll take them if you want me to.

He is right....barbell rows is the only thing missing in that routine man!!

Put op some pics to track the complete progress!!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In response to your PM.

Barbell Bench Press: 5 x 5.
Squats: 5 sets x 5 reps and some 20 rep breathing squat sets - alternate each session maybe.
Overhead Dumbbell or Barbell Press: 2 sets of 6-10 reps.
Chins: 3 sets of 8-10 On assist (1 set warm up - 2 main sets) - add weight as this gets easier
Dips: 2 sets of 8-10 reps No assist (add weight as this gets easier)
Barbell Curls: 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 2 x 15 reps

I would alternate this session with another one so as to get variety on back work if nothing else. Maybe:

DB Bench press
Deadlift (alternate each time between regular and stiff leg)
Lunges
Do whichever of the overhead presses you didn't do in the other session or side lateral raises
Bent Over Row
Close grip Bench
DB Curls

Just a thought to balance out the routine a bit and keep it interesting.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the time you took inorder to better my routine. I couldn't have asked for more. :crymeariver::tiphat:

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey you guys, I had to get rid of the spider-webs on this log and start it up again, I think what I really needed was just a break from weightlifting because I didn't really know what I wanted before, I was skeptical with the whole weightlifting thing because I didn't know if it was me and if it would fit my lifestyle, so, lets cut to the chase, I've decided to pick it up again with no regrets and no fucking turn-arounds. So yeah, I'm following a full-body, same as the previous one with a great bulky diet. So here it goes.

Current weight: Only 164lbs.
BFI: Around 12%
Current lifting diet: Bulking.
Supplements: 100% EAS whey protein, creatine, multivitamin, and of course a shit load of food.

Barbell Bench Press: 3 x
Squats: 3 x
Overhead Barbell Press: 2 x
Chins: 3 x
Dips: 2 x
Barbell Curls: 2 x
Standing Calf Raises: 2 x

DB Bench press 3 x
Deadlift 3 x
Leg Press 3 x
Lateral Raises 2 x
Bent Over Row 3 x
Close grip Bench 2 x
DB Curls 2 x

How it works:

Switch off between A and B every session.
Weeks 1,2,3. 8 reps
Weeks 4,5,6. 6 reps
Weeks 7,8,9. 4 reps

I pick a weight that is extremely hard at 8 reps but not to failure. Next time I come in I either chose between the following. *In order of importance*

A. Increase weight
B. Increase by one rep.
C. Increase one set and keep everything this same.

What this means is that, when I do 8 reps, I either want to increase the weight, if I can’t increase the weight, then I’ll increase a rep and make nine. Or, if I can’t increase the reps or weight then I increase a set. I like the low reps, because sometimes, when I’m doing the 8 reps, I can reach up to 10-11 reps…but anyways yeah, I want to follow this for a long time. Any suggestions?!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome routine set man! :D

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Hypocrisy, I'll be sure to add the weights up soon so I can monitor! :methman:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Routine looks good m8. Keep up the good work