• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

style

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been doing wayyyy toooo much in the gym, come to find out. A lot of times, I will do tons of sets, rest a lot , and stay in the gym for almost 2 hours. I don't know if I can grow better training for an hour. Ben White trains for 45 minutes. How the fuck do I do this, because it puts the hell out breath. Obviously you can grow on it. Also, would it be better to do that, or just do 1 hr 10 minutes and do in between Hit and high volume. thanks

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
The reason it takes more then an hour for me sometimes is because someone comes up and says hello, then 5mins gone. If no one talks to me during my workout I'm done after 40-50min
But if I'm really fired up I can go over an hour..normaly its just under the hour for me

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not too sure what you are asking but two hours in the gym is definately too much. Depending on your intesity and rest periods, I think there is about a 1 hour window in the gym before you go completely catabolic and your workout then becomes counterproductive. Again, a lot of factors play into that but that is my understanding and opinion. When you are in the gym, keep most all of you movements simple and compound and rest periods should never go longer than 2 minutes (except maybe squats can go longer). There is no reason if you follow those simple protocol that you cant get maximum growth by being in the gym for 35 mins to an hour.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It just sounds like you're trying to do more than you need in the gym with amount of sets and exercises per body part which is why it's taking so long!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Training too long can be very counterproducive. Write out a workout plan and stick to it, there is no need for 4-5+ exercises for the chest/back/shoulder etc.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea that's true..that was like a long time ago..I still grew pretty good, but now i'm trying to train for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 min..I stopped caring about strength, I JUST WANNA GROW LOL