• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Career, Dammmit!!!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm in college and am constantly thinking about what I want to do. I started the whole weightlifting think a year ago and it's transcended into a love for the whole lifestyle; BUT, that's just a hobby.

I want to find out what I wanna do. My parents were telling me physical therapy because I like this whole weights,muscle, phsyical thing, but I just don't know because they don't make shit for money.

My dad said if I go to law school, he will quit his firm and be my partner and we'll start our own firm..that would be nice!

But, I just am clueless..I was thinking about being a doctor of some sort..my brother is a surgeon and he likes it okay, but that's not me. Is there such a thing as a muscle doctor lol? I'm serious.

Here's my outlook: Of course I wanna be decently happy, but I wanna make shitloads of money. I'm kinda majoring in biology, but taking general courses so I gotta hurry and decide so i can work towards a career. I would like to be something that has to do with the body, but more of a doctor and not a therapists. PLEASE HELP.thanks.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Physical Therapists don't makek shit for money?

:uhoh2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Physiotherapists do pretty well. There are MD's who specialize in sports medicine, a lot do surgery, some don't. Others are more involved in diagnosis of injuries and musculoskeletal disorders. From what you've said, a physiatrist might be something worth looking into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_medicine_and_rehabilitation

There's a pretty big difference between human sciences and Law, which one would you prefer?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lawyer would be a nice choice.My gf studies international law and it is pretty exciting what her studies entails....but a doctor would match your major....so i would go with doctor....specializing in torn muscles and joints....like a sports doctor?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm in a somewhat similar position to you. I have to decide on classes for next year within the next few days and I would prefer to cater them toward a specific field, but I have no idea what I want to go into. :tear:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
guys, thanks for the replies. i feel you Arcane, I think that physiatry sounds cool man, really appreciate that(there would be no way for me to find that). Yea I'm in Biology, but I'm kinda falling behind in that because I'm taking too many general courses. Problem is, I don't wanna go into biology and next year(i'm going to LA Tech, and it has quarter system)hate it, because I can't just switch back to like business major cuz ill be fucked.

-My dream is to be able to make enough to support a future family, go on vacations and shit, live the bodybuilding lifestyle, have a life, and have a big house. I would love to own my own supplement company, and I also have a great idea for a gym.
-You guys feel free to state your current fucking problems and maybe someone will help sway you in a direction. Keep swaying me guys, I wanna be gung-ho about that physiatry shit..thnks again dudes.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, learn another language, study abroad, and then study law. I promise you anyone who speaks several langauges fluently and is familiar with another country's laws as well as US law will make SHITLOADS of money.

If you don't believe me, just do a few searches online, you'll see what I mean.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Physical Therapists don't makek shit for money?

:uhoh2:

Thats what I am going to school for, they dont, I work at a bank and deposit their money. They make more than nurses but nothing great, have to own your own business to do it big.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh i didn't mean p.t. don't make shit..I just would llike to make more than 200 k..250 - 400 k would be snug-fit for me.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea my dad told me that I would be good at law because of my vocab.but I just don't dig all the reading and writing..I just told him about physiatry and he says that would be hard as shit for him to do but everyone is smart at different things..so I'm still on pins and needles btwn. some kind of law , or business, or physiatry.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best thing for you to do:

Don't choose now. Pick a general area you like, one that will get you a good entry-level position in your field after you graduate. Travel, try different positions, and get experience. You may find that the job you wanted as an undergrad is not what you expected.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay guys, I have almost decided to change my major to business and end up going to law school. What do I do if I don't want to go to law school later, as far as making a lotta money, cuz i sure don't wanna end up at like Dunder Mifflin if I'm not a lawyur lol

Kanav

Kanav

Personally I went and got my degree in mech. engineering, now working for a contracting buisness as a co-ordinator for some skyrise buildings. The reason this falls in perfectly is because so long as I'm on top of everything, I can afford to bounce and take a couple hours off for lunch and just go to the gym in the afternoon.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Forget worrying about money so much. With smart investing, you could make 50,000 a year and invest to double it.

Kanav

Kanav

Forget worrying about money so much. With smart investing, you could make 50,000 a year and invest to double it.

Yeah but real smart investing starts with playing around first with a steady income. Thats where a career goes hand in hand with it.

skid9832004

skid9832004

yea bro, i mean in only in high school so take what u get from what i say with a grain of salt but i hope you dont expect to get out of school and make that 250k -400k right away it will take about a decade of good hard work to even see some of those figures ive taken many college classes. (civil law,case law,finance management) and one thing i got from those are dont expect to make huge figures in any prefession as soon as you graduate it all takes time

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah but real smart investing starts with playing around first with a steady income. Thats where a career goes hand in hand with it.

True story, but life will be better making $50,000 with a job you love than $250,000 with one you don't.