• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dog crap training

tallman65h

tallman65h

Have any of you guys tryed dog crap training nd the streches for it. I recently saw an article in flex with david henry and was wondering if it helps increase the build of muscle? Thanks

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've done it, variations of it and such. It has a LOT of good principles. Basically, I love the fact that it's driven home the importance of keeping a log book and striving for progressive overload. In my opinion (and science's opinion as well) progressive overload is the key to muscle hypertrophy.

The stretches are okay, I would certainly recommend them if they can be done comfortably (ie, the chest fly stretch hurts my shoulders). I think the potential is there for growth, but its something that you'd probably have to do a lot of to reap any real benefit (ie, stretching for 1 minute after a work set probably isn't doing much. But if you trained legs in the morning and kept doing the extreme stretches on your legs throughout the rest of the day, there may be benefit.)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am doing a form of DC training, it promotes maximum recovery with fewer sets and less time in the gym. Lifting heavy is one sure way of inducing muscle hypertrophy, instead of over training your muscle with so many sets that do not build muscle is pointless if you think about it. Why work up to your heavy set that builds muscle? You are only wasting energy and time. Warm up sufficiently and then jump right into your heavy set and rep it as many times as you can.
Like IS said, the stretches are ok, I didnt like them much but it did help with my flexibility a lot which is nice. After training so heavy I started to lose it, also intense stretching helps stretch and tear down the muscle sarcoma and gets more blood in the area if done correctly. I say give it a shot.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've done it, variations of it and such. It has a LOT of good principles. Basically, I love the fact that it's driven home the importance of keeping a log book and striving for progressive overload. In my opinion (and science's opinion as well) progressive overload is the key to muscle hypertrophy.

The stretches are okay, I would certainly recommend them if they can be done comfortably (ie, the chest fly stretch hurts my shoulders). I think the potential is there for growth, but its something that you'd probably have to do a lot of to reap any real benefit (ie, stretching for 1 minute after a work set probably isn't doing much. But if you trained legs in the morning and kept doing the extreme stretches on your legs throughout the rest of the day, there may be benefit.)

I gota agree with IS, here. Progressive overload, frequency, intensity and tracking progress should all be part of a program. However, there are a lot of flaws with this training and often times doing rest pause sets to failure can lead to overtraining for the natural athlete. I think the extreme stretching is pointless. You would be better off doing "regular" stretches later on that night after a nice hot shower.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I gota agree with IS, here. Progressive overload, frequency, intensity and tracking progress should all be part of a program. However, there are a lot of flaws with this training and often times doing rest pause sets to failure can lead to overtraining for the natural athlete. I think the extreme stretching is pointless. You would be better off doing "regular" stretches later on that night after a nice hot shower.

That is why I say I am doing a form of DC training, i do not do the rest pause reps nor the extreme stretching. But my log is kept in my brain, I always remember everything I do in the gym.. even back when I was 18 and 19. :e5dunno:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah its a good program, not for beginners though, so unless you have been lifting a few years and close to the size of braaq i wouldnt do it.

however you can definately use the split provided at www.intensemuscle.com ( look in the dogg pound sticky's) and instead of doing the 2 rest pauses, maybe just do one, or do 1-3 straight sets, often those rest pauses leave you overtrained every 4 weeks (personal experience) i do a hybrid i created of DC and a Gavin Kane program, if you wanna check my log which i just started updating

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq, ure looking big, you should post pic

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use DC Extreme Stretches regularly. I don't know if they really help build muscle, but it feels good doing 'em.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
S

sparky050388

i think the stretching helps out a lot. i use it to this day.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can someone link a site with a solid DC program breakdown? I'm interested in it...i used Max-Ot in the past with pretty good results. I'd like to try this

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can someone link a site with a solid DC program breakdown? I'm interested in it...i used Max-Ot in the past with pretty good results. I'd like to try this

the home of DC training is www.intensemuscle.com after you here you have to look in the section called the Dogg Pound, in here their will be some sticky's, one of the sticky's says something along the lines of 'newbies read here first' and its an interview with Dante and Ron Harris and outlines the basic philosophy and workout!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
for someone like me, DC is bad, not enough reps
if you got joint probs etc, more reps 10+ is great, with weight you can handle
helps keep the joints strengthened
too little reps, and heavy weight will eventually fuck your bones/joints up

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
for someone like me, DC is bad, not enough reps
if you got joint probs etc, more reps 10+ is great, with weight you can handle
helps keep the joints strengthened
too little reps, and heavy weight will eventually fuck your bones/joints up

heavy weights dont really fuck your joints, it poor technique that will cause problems, your muscles should keep the majority of stress off the joints, DC really isnt what id consider a low rep program, its definately safe as long as you stop when your form slips

but your point is valid considering that the lower the reps the more likely your going to fuck up and use shitty form due to the heavier weight, but Dc is in a pretty safe range and the rep ranges are set higher for less safe exercises, and straight sets, instead of Rest paused sets are used for taxing lifts like deadlifts etc!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heavy weights dont really fuck your joints, it poor technique that will cause problems, your muscles should keep the majority of stress off the joints, DC really isnt what id consider a low rep program, its definately safe as long as you stop when your form slips

but your point is valid considering that the lower the reps the more likely your going to fuck up and use shitty form due to the heavier weight, but Dc is in a pretty safe range and the rep ranges are set higher for less safe exercises, and straight sets, instead of Rest paused sets are used for taxing lifts like deadlifts etc!

I have a condition something hemogobilsis or some crap
high blood pressure+ high iron levels
and supposedly it contributes to joint problems

i'd have to say if someone does or is starting to do DC
they should tell or explain how their joints and their bodies condition is
i do excellent form in the gym, but stil have joint problems
i even lowered the weights, and such, and focused 100% on form
no one body is perfect, besides people with good/bad muscle genes
theres also other genes, hereditary issues that can be BAD or ..good.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the people that sad you overtrain on dc is retarded. You do one set per body part twice a week. If you think over training on two sets a week is possible then your ridiculous. Do any of you know the reason you stretch?? Its to stretch the fascia layer of the muscle to give room for the muscle to grow. The fascia layer is wrapped tight around your muscles hence one of the reasons gaining muscle is hard to do. If you stretch it out after you train it it gives room for the muscle to grow however little it may be.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the people that sad you overtrain on dc is retarded. You do one set per body part twice a week. If you think over training on two sets a week is possible then your ridiculous. Do any of you know the reason you stretch?? Its to stretch the fascia layer of the muscle to give room for the muscle to grow. The fascia layer is wrapped tight around your muscles hence one of the reasons gaining muscle is hard to do. If you stretch it out after you train it it gives room for the muscle to grow however little it may be.

lol, its pretty low volume.

but when im doing DC i last 6 weeks max before i gotta cruise, those rest-pauses really push the body too the limit, but on any program if your not overtrained after 6-8 weeks, you dont push it enough anyways! the key to Dc is the blast and cruise to pre-empt that CNS exhaustion one gets with failure training!

DC rocks starting it soon!

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It does rock and im glad your advocating it. People say they use variations of dc but the only way to do it is the way subscribed.