• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

202 AT THE OLYMPIA 2008

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2008 Olympia Weekend to feature a 202-pound class

For a few hours, the 2008 Olympia Weekend won’t be all about the mass monsters. Sure, they’ll have their place – taking center stage for most of the weekend – but this year, the little guy – well, not little, but it’s all relative - is going to get shown some love as well.

For the first time, Olympia Weekend will introduce a 202-pound competition. The contest will take place on Saturday, September 27, at the Olympia Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center. More details to come shortly, so make sure to check flexonline for the latest concerning the 202-pound competition.

http://www.flexonline.com/new_olympia_weight_class/news/324

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That will be interesting.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Thats good news :xyxthumbs:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome....now small guys can get a chance to win the best prize in bb!! i vote a stan mcquay comeback and victory!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard Tunen and Sick are competing in it :skurred:

RealDeal2099

RealDeal2099

I like the idea, but the competition should be onstage. Think Pumping Iron, when competitors of two weight classes could compete as equals. Holding it in the convention will reduce its value. I think this was done with the Ms. Olympia a few years ago and the reception was terrible.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah its a bad idea, the Mr olympia is a title for the best outright, not fucking excuses or categories, your the gnarliest muscled symmetrical freak or your not! normal ametuer comps are fine to have classes because it allows you a chance to pick up medals as you progress in size over your competative career plus makes the show last a good weekend or so. The MR O however is on for one thing, the biggest and best, having a light weight class ruins the integrity of the competition, its like a handicap prize, 'congrats sub 200 pounder your the best of the lower end of the field!' ridiculous