• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Too much water?

mjappe

mjappe

I just heard from a friend of mine that attended a seminar in nutrition that if you drink to much water -more then a 0.5gallon give or take depending on your training level/day - the food in your stomach will start to rut because of your PH-level in your stomach will fade which lead to slower digestion which lead to bad Peristalsis and swollen stomach.
Have anybody more info on this?
Thanks!

faiz

faiz

.5 a gallon is approxmatiely 2 liters.

I have never heard of this. It seems that your friend mis-heard some pieces of information or is missing information

Wait !!!

Swollen Stomach???

That is to blame for the bodybuilding GUTS, too much water..

seriously though it sound f-ed up!

jdowden87

jdowden87

nutrition classes are bullshit. they also tell you that a higher protein intake wont help to build muscle

mjappe

mjappe

.5 a gallon is approxmatiely 2 liters.

I have never heard of this. It seems that your friend mis-heard some pieces of information or is missing information

The 0.5gallon was just your average for a person that didn't train.

faiz

faiz

still is bullshit...

most people who dont train but try to eat healthy or are on diets are first told to drinks lots of water.

eat 4-6 small meals etc..

this is common knowledge

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hyponatremia is really the only thing that I would really worry about if you drink too much water but that really only happens if you dont intake enough sodium. People that eat more food need more water as a general guidline. That give or take that you talk about in your post is a BIG give, especially for the training bodybuilder.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I just heard from a friend of mine that attended a seminar in nutrition that if you drink to much water -more then a 0.5gallon give or take depending on your training level/day - the food in your stomach will start to rut because of your PH-level in your stomach will fade which lead to slower digestion which lead to bad Peristalsis and swollen stomach.
Have anybody more info on this?
Thanks!

No I've never heard that before..thats bull IMO

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
right....that is total bullshit....drink at least 2 gallons a day man...it wont slow down your digestion!

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
right....that is total bullshit....drink at least 2 gallons a day man...it wont slow down your digestion!

No it wont, I'de say that the opposite happens If you don't drink enough water

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Drink as much water as you want...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

remnant

Banned
Re: To much water?

Its true that your stomach will swell. I once tried this and didn't like it a bit. Besides, too much water will interfere with the osmotic balance of the blood resulting in water poisoning.

vera wu

vera wu

Too much water will dilute gastric juice, and everyone's digestive system is also different.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Everything should be consumed in moderation, and between 1-2 liters of water per day is ideal. Even that amount of water makes me pee all the time, so I can't imagine how anymore water can be healthy.

H

heavyhitter

That's about the dumbest thing ive ever heard. The only thing I do is make sure not to drink too much fluid with my meals as it will dilute the stomach acid and reduce your ability to digest the meal

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

It is like having to much pussy. :banana - not mine:

juicedupmaniac

juicedupmaniac

Fluid intake around a meal like post #14 is correct.Other than that you want around a 1 gallon to 1 1/2 gallons a day of water intake.Lol I agree Mr.Heavyhitter dumbest shit I've heard in a long time.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I think the point here is a lot of water at one time vs 2litres per day.

Too much water at one go obviously will make you feel sick just like when they ask you to drink for an Ultrasound. That may be what they discussed in that seminar probably.

Otherwise 2 litres in 24hours is actually quite less for most people.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Yeah, everything should be done in moderation, and even something vital and good as water can be harmful if we drink too much of it.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Less fluid during\shortly after meals & that's it. Other than that, I drink AT LEAST a gallon & a half everyday.

I probably drink over a half a gallon just during & shortly after my workouts. Pissing constantly from the pre-workout will dehydrate me quick!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

My orientation on water is this – the more water you drink, the better. Water is the most common cleansing agent of the body. It flushes out the toxins via the urine. Water also aids the digestive system that’s why I am wondering why food will rot when there is too much water. On the contrary, lack of water can make you sick.