• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NBA Slam Dunk Contest 2008

templare1987

templare1987

It's a Bird. It's a Plane. It's the Slam Dunk Champion

Dwight Howard put on his Superman cape and soared above defending champ Gerald Green, Rudy Gay and Jamario Moon to become the 2008 Sprite Slam Dunk champion.

Dwight shaked the rim superbly and made dunks we have never seen before in the slam dunk contest, it was a close match between him and Gerald Green.

"As soon as the Sprite Dunk Contest ended, we were wondering how it could become any crazier.

You know what would have been cool? If Gerald Green not only would have blown out the candle, but also taken a bite out of the cupcake, then dunked.

With that cape, Dwight Howard should have taken a cutout of the Empire State Building and lept over it. You know, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Howard's last dunk was tight, but how about dunking a small ball through the small hoop, then the big one?

I was disappointed Jamario Moon kept one of his better dunks in his pocket. I had heard that he had wanted to try "The Goat" named after the New York City playground legend who could dunk a ball, catch it and dunk it again. Moon supposedly had that one ready for the second round.

Lesson learned. You need two show-stoppers: one to get you through the first and another to clinch the second.

That, and please, please, please don't put down any more tape. Every time a dude puts down the tape, he misses the mark. All you're doing is giving the judges an excuse to dock you points. That, and you're just thinking about the tape instead of the dunk.

(Another new idea: I should start a dunk consulting firm. Lend a critical eye, pocket a little coin, do little or no actual work. You know, like most consultants.)

And, aren't there enough lines on the floor already? Really, gents. Put the tape down and back away. Wait, that didn't come out right. Put the tape away.

By the way, Howard was as sublime as he was audacious. He didn't need no stinkin' teammate on the off the board dunk. He's the only one in dunk history to do that solo. I once thought that AI-squared (Allen Iverson off the board to Andre Iguodala) was the best dunk I had seen in the contest. Dwight's topped it.

Rudy Gay's off the stanchion wasn't no joke either, but it came on the heels of Howard's, so that was a tough sell.

Then there was Howard's tip dunk. Bounce, tap lefty, slam righty. Poetic stuff. Truly inspired.

And we're not the only ones who think so. The New York Post's Pete Vecsey crowed about tonight's contest. John Hareas tapped out Vecsey's thoughts and others while wearing a cape and blindfolded:

It's (Dunking) Evolution, Baby "

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/slam_dunk/

Attachments

• dwight_450_080216.jpg
    dwight_450_080216.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 20
  • g_green_490_20080216.jpg
    g_green_490_20080216.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
best slam dunk contest i have ever seen, since 2000 the contests have been lacking but this year was funkin awesome

templare1987

templare1987

it was amazing i think that it was the best slam dunk contest in terms of creativity, the reaction of the crowd. Dwight Howard is the best big man dunker of all time and gerald green is awesome also they both are monsters of dunking.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Howard's first dunk was insane...

and the cupcake dunk was a close 2nd... mainly for originality.. great show