• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

keeping their condition

shredded08

shredded08

With all the talk of Phil Heath needing to come into the Arnold either better or just as conditioned as he was in the Ironman, does anyone know how a pro keeps the condition that they had in the previous show?
I know it varies between athletes but whats their diet look like for the two weeks in between shows?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm curious as well. I imagine they just up their calories the slightest bit for about a week and drop them again the second week (or slightly before). Then they just drop water again...not sure though, just guessing.

R

rockhardman

yeah i imagine is hard to peek out again

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would imagine that calories are pretty high the night of and following morning of the first show to replenish glycogen that was drained during posing. Water obviously needs to be very high for the week following. I think after the night of and next morning of the first show, the diet goes back to normal and they do their depleting and loading again for the next show.

brizzy03

brizzy03

keep carbs fairly low with a little diuretic to get rid of water that will be held due to carb loading and using diuretics right after the show. then they just get back to their regular diet and training until they do it all over again.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I guess they rehydrate and replenish their glycogen. Then back on the diet. depleting and loading for the show