• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heath vs Cutler (Mr.Olympia 2008 Preview)

Who would win?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 50 49.0%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 52 51.0%

• Total voters
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Who would win, a Cutler in shape or Heath?
Judging by these pics I would give Phil Heath a 3-1 win..(Losing the side chest)

Img 08581203191321 1

Img 08761203191322 1

Img 08891203191323 1

Img 19411203222714 1

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but u used the pics of jay from the olympia prejudging where he was off and even admitted it himself, forget those u will see another cutler this year. fine ill admit that phils shape is far better than cutlers, but when u see them next to eachother cutlers abundant mass will show alot better. and no, both the back poses go to Cutler. no way phil can compete from the back with cutler neither in thickness or width.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
but u used the pics of jay from the olympia prejudging where he was off and even admitted it himself, forget those u will see another cutler this year. fine ill admit that phils shape is far better than cutlers, but when u see them next to eachother cutlers abundant mass will show alot better. and no, both the back poses go to Cutler. no way phil can compete from the back with cutler neither in thickness or width.

Ofcourse Jay are going to look better, I took the most recent Pics on him and Phil, Just fair IMO

Sure Jay outmasses Phil...but looking at Phils sharpness is like a poke in the eye.

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not this year. I think it will still be Cutlers year, Phil must add some mass and it will be between him, Jay and Vic(if he'll be back) next year.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Not this year. I think it will still be Cutlers year, Phil must add some mass and it will be between him, Jay and Vic(if he'll be back) next year.

Vic will be struggling...Wolf will be top 3, Phil aswell

G

Gringo

Phil's glute/ham's are awesome.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hard to judge until seen them both on stage at the same time. I think that Phil's sharpness and conditioning will be a struggle to Jay. In this comparison Phil makes Jay look like a water balloon.

S

scR

No contest here IMO, Phil takes it easily. Jay's back is just one big block of cheese. Don't get me wrong, I love his attitude, but the physique is simply getting worse and worse. There's just one bb, who can compare with Phil currently and his name's Victor Martinez.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A cutler in shape would beat Phil on any stage. He massively out-masses him which means A LOT in today's judging. We can disagree all we want :tiphat:

D

d.capodiferro

A cutler in shape would beat Phil on any stage. He massively out-masses him which means A LOT in today's judging. We can disagree all we want :tiphat:
yes you're right. this is still bb and i hope muscle counts at least a bit.
this site is starting to confuse bb with beauty competition.
none should dare to say that vic or heat could evev match cutler! dennis wolf is already another chapter. he's got what it takes to be champ despite some weaknesses

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Savjav

Savjav

god cutler looked like crap at the O, still cant believe he won, have to agree with the top phil looks amazing but i dont think he would beat jay... even tho he should but thats just my opinnion.. i wish jay the best this year ive met the guy and he just is an amazing person, a great champ

A

aroganttravis

I think that jay would still get it. Look at how ripped and good dexter usually looks. Phil looks good but at the olympia they usually go with past champion.

G

Gringo

Difference being: Dexter pretty much always competes around 215-225lb. Phil went from 218 to about 240 in a year. And fucking ripped at that. Who knows, another 15lb on before the Olympia? :ughnoes:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Difference being: Dexter pretty much always competes around 215-225lb. Phil went from 218 to about 240 in a year. And fucking ripped at that. Who knows, another 15lb on before the Olympia? :ughnoes:

Phil didn't compete at 240lbs mate...around 233-235lbs would be my guess

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
And Dexters weight is around 225-230lbs

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Tunen. Give it some more time and Phil will be there.

pussybutt

pussybutt

LOOK people have to realize that the PRO JUDGING is very political. When the Olympia rolls around Jay will be favored because he won TWO years in a row, granted he was off during prejudging, but the Ironman has the best lighting at any of the other shows, plus if Vic competes, he may get the nod over both Jay and Phil!!!:angrydude:

Blond Bomber

Blond Bomber

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes you're right. this is still bb and i hope muscle counts at least a bit.
this site is starting to confuse bb with beauty competition.
none should dare to say that vic or heat could evev match cutler! dennis wolf is already another chapter. he's got what it takes to be champ despite some weaknesses
My two dimes:

Bodybuilding is an art form, more so than a sport. And as long as the judging is subjective it will remain so. So yes, bodybuilding IS very much a beauty competition, it is an art trying to depict man physically without weekness.
If you define bodybuilding as "The sport in which the man with the largest amount of muscle wins", then it would be fully a sport, governed by a set of rules - more muscle -> better bodybuilder. But when you add a subjective term for the ideal. like "Defininition" and "Symetry" the whole judging part goes out the window.

"none should dare to say that vic or heat could evev match cutler!" - This is like saying:
"None should dare say that a Lilly could even match a Daisy!" or "
None should dare say that Motzart could even match Bethoven!". Why? Because you are proposing a comparison between two entities whose judgement involves "Symetry" and/or "Defininition", which is Subjective.

Bodybuiling is an art, the competition is just the spice.

Prote

Prote

Bodybuiling is an art, the competition is just the spice.

You are so right!

If you look back you can see that all Mr. Olympias of the past have had very sculptural and aesthetic body. When Dorian came along the mass became a more important issue. Dorian and Ronnie had great bodies no doupt about that, but they both should have stopped competing a few years before than they actually did.

Jay won the last years Mr. Olympia because of his earlyer accomplishments, in my opinion he has the ugliest body of all Mr. Olympias. But it's too late to cry. Hopefully judges have balls to give the statue to the right man this year.
:xyxthumbs:

Oh yea and I think Phil wins Jay because he just has more aesthetic body.