• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

creatine v protein

G

G Unit

hey guys wanted to get some opinions on creatine and protein im a pretty big guy n iv been using cellmass but no protein since iv been started training is this a good thing or bad? i have a good diet full of protein but not sure if i stack protein as well? any ideas

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
If you get enough protein from just food its not a problem..If not I'de take some protein shakes

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Protein isn't the magic nutrient everyone makes it out to be. I recommended that before workouts, someone take cottage cheese mixed with a scoop of whey, Wolf here has done this and finds it effective. Any basic pure whey protein brand will do (Optimum Nutrition, Champion Nutrition, EAS, etc.)

Its probably not a huge difference behind types of creatine, Creatine Ethyl Ester might be the best bet, but pure monohydrate is probably just as good.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could get enough protein from a good diet only tho protein can help but like the others said it isnt magic.

R

revelli

well be sure that you count your protein for day
you need to eat about 2-3 g of protein per kg of your weight.
If you cannot achieve this only by food you need to take it from protein shakes.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

a double quarter pounder from mcdonalds has 34 grams of protein. yeahh buddeh

R

rogerrockmore

creatine is much faster but protein s more effective.. wait have anyone tried anator? what can you say about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

<3Frosty

IMO, post workout nutrition is one of the single most important meals of a lifter, recreational or not.

If you arent using whey protein in your post workout meal along with fast digesting carbs (dex for me), you are hurting your ability to recover and the ability of gaining the muscle that is so precious after the first year of training.

Creatine is a great supplement to take, but id take my whey protein powder over creatine any day of the week.