• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lamborghini LP550 gets ready for its debut

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
21mzody 1

Last week, Inside Line reported that Lamborghini would use the Geneva Motor Show to unveil a facelifted, juiced-up Gallardo that would take a new name: LP550.
Now, Brenda Priddy's spies have caught the updated Lambo covered head-to-toe in black tape.
That's OK, though, because the car's updated details remain visible, and you can now get an idea of what's in store for Geneva.
In front, the two primary intakes retain their shape, but the front air dam itself is now much deeper and more pronounced, with a pair of new struts hanging down and framing what appears to be a third, central intake below the front bumper.
New vents also adorn the leading edges of the front wheel wells.
Out back, a new rear fascia incorporates reshaped (thinner) grillework for engine heat dissipation, as well as rehaped openings for the exhausts, which now use double-barreled tips. As Inside Line originally reported, the car's V10 grows to displace 5.2 liters and dishes out 550 horsepower.

According to Priddy's shooter, it's also very quiet at idle.
Don't worry, though -- the photographer also reports that it makes all the right noises under power.
We'll be there when the big reveal happens in Geneva. In the meantime, you can compare the spy pics to shots of the current Gallardo to see the differences.

w_lambolp550_pedro_feb08_priddy1autoblog.jpg

w_lambolp550_pedro_feb08_priddy3autoblog.jpg

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love Lambos but i prefer the Murci over the Gallardo. Both are still awesome though.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nothing new or interesting...

The shape seems like your typical Lamborghini. And that`s painful to say since I`ve always been a fan of Lamborghini.

Kanav

Kanav

Nothing new or interesting...

The shape seems like your typical Lamborghini. And that`s painful to say since I`ve always been a fan of Lamborghini.

agreed

it just looks like they took the front off the new reventon and slapped it on a gallardo. Its not new. They're just giving tweaks to already established models (murcielago turned into the LP640, and reventon. Gallardo just had a lighter frame version, and this new one)

Im just hoping for them to come out with something new thats actually radically different, because lambos have always been my dream cars since the days of the countach.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
agreed

it just looks like they took the front off the new reventon and slapped it on a gallardo. Its not new. They're just giving tweaks to already established models (murcielago turned into the LP640, and reventon. Gallardo just had a lighter frame version, and this new one)

Im just hoping for them to come out with something new thats actually radically different, because lambos have always been my dream cars since the days of the countach.

Lamborghini dont have that much money, and its far from cheap to make a prototype. Here is one though. Its the new Miura

2266a24ff21885b008ff0050111754dc_1.jpg

Kanav

Kanav

Lamborghini dont have that much money, and its far from cheap to make a prototype. Here is one though. Its the new Miura

Holy shit, hand me a towel.

I knew they were remaking a miura, but this is the first time ive seen a glimpse. Im aware its not cheap to make even prototypes, but lamborghini's funds arent exactly in the shitter either. If you havent heard, under audi, lambos are selling like hot cakes and for the last couple of years they've been making a LOT of profit.