• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath vs Melvin Anthony (ARNOLD PREVIEW)

How's the winner?

• Phil Heath

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • Melvin Anthony

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
who is the winner?

2vl44f6 1
2ela7lw 1

Ogjser 1

10oqhab 1

15mffyx 1
148hg06 1

Sv74va 1
1znu53b 1

V5ho5e 1
2s6a92a 1

4gqjhg 1

Fpc6yp 1
2dkybmq 1

Attachments

• 2vl44f6-1.jpg
    2vl44f6-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 15mffyx-1.jpg
    15mffyx-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 45
  • sv74va-1.jpg
    sv74va-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 45
  • v5ho5e-1.jpg
    v5ho5e-1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 42
  • fpc6yp-1.jpg
    fpc6yp-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil by his superior condition..

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shape wise, I would say they are about even. Phil has more muscle and is in better condition. If Melvin can maintain his new size and get shredded glutes and hams it would be a really close call. That would be a comparisson I would like to see, but so far Melvin has never come in that kind of conditioning before.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like phils conditioning better but I like melvins shape better. Good comparison but it goes to Phil

Pinhead

Pinhead

Phil wins in these pics, but if Melvin gets in shape he is a threat...

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
This is an unfair today-phil vs lastyear-Melvin but i go with Phil.

Looking forward of reading Line's reply to this one :)

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Melvin's structure is better. Phil is more muscular and better conditioned though. If Melvin can enter in similar condition he might beat Phil. In these pics I reckon Phil takes it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Looking forward of reading Line's reply to this one :)
Heh. :xyxthumbs:

These are two of my favorite current bodybuilders and, as mentioned, it will basically come down to conditioning. Melvin has the genetics to be the best in the world if he comes in shape but we'll have to see what kind of package he'll bring. Either way, I don't have much to add, I'm just thankful that those who posted above me didn't say anything stupid that I would have to rip apart and also that I'm hoping both athletes bring their "A" game to the AC this weekend.

*waits for someone to post something dumb* :food-snacking:

EDIT: Upppercutttttttt! :linedrunk:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
by the pics i'll give it to Phil without a doubt. he's in far better condition, check the difference in the glutes and hams and also calves.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking at that pics: Phil.

A

aroganttravis

Real hard to judge those 2 pics. phil looks good but melvin looks good too. Phils conditioning is going to be hard to beat. he is spot on in those pics.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm surprised Anthony doesn't have more votes, but I'll write my thoughts once I get home.

Phil Heath wins by the way.

templare1987

templare1987

i like melvin, but Phis by far better conditioning and muscle, Melvin has better structure, but this time phil Wins, he is really impressive and young, for sure hes gonna be Mr Olympia Some day in the near future.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some of these are very close.

2vl44f6 1
2ela7lw 1

Entire lower body goes to Heath in the front double bicep. Arms go to Heath also, including forearms, biceps, and triceps. The seperation Heath has in his arms is incredible. Abdominals is very close, but this pose certainly goes to Heath.

Ogjser 1

I give this pose to Melvin Anthony for a number of reasons. Anthony has Heath in width, chest detail, abdominals, and possibly even in arms. Heath has him in legs, but Melvin's arn't that far off. Overall, Melvin wins this pose mostly due to his incredible back to waist ratio.

10oqhab 1

Very few people in history could beat Heath in a side tricep, and Anthony certainly isn't one of them. Melvin doesn't beat Heath in anything in this pose.

15mffyx 1
148hg06 1

In the abs/thigh their legs are close, but I give it to Phil. He has better conditioning and a little more mass. Then ofcourse Phil beats him in calves, so the entire lower body goes to Heath. Abdominals could go either way, so that doesn't play a factor. Meanwhile, you can still notice more conditioning on Heath in his arms and pecs, so this pose goes to Phil Heath.

Sv74va 1
1znu53b 1

I had a tough time deciding in this pose, but once again it goes to Heath. Anthony looks fantastic and would be very hard to beat in it with better conditioning. One thing that surprised me is the mass Melvin has in his hamstrings, it's just too bad the separation isn't visible. Phil Heath has separation, he has the glutes striations, and he beats Melvin Anthony in this pose.

V5ho5e 1
2s6a92a 1

This has been the toughest pose to call. If only Melvin had glutes like Heath, he would be the clear winner. Uppercuts waist to lat ratio is just unbelievable, and he performs the pose much more efficiently than Heath. But, Phil's lower body is too dominant to give it to Anthony. So this pose goes to Heath.

4gqjhg 1

Clear Heath vicory. They both have smaller backs, but Heath completely dominates in the lower body. This is not their best poses.

Fpc6yp 1
2dkybmq 1

Melvin looks great in the most muscular, but not good enough to beat Heath. This pose clearly shows Heath's advantage in mass and thickness. Phil wins in everything besides trapz and abdominals.

7-1

Heath > Anthony

Attachments

• 15mffyx-1.jpg
    15mffyx-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 44
  • sv74va-1.jpg
    sv74va-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 42
  • v5ho5e-1.jpg
    v5ho5e-1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 40
  • fpc6yp-1.jpg
    fpc6yp-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2vl44f6-1.jpg
    2vl44f6-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good judging Flex, I agree with you on every pose. But in that side tricep, I think Melvins beats Heath in best smile. :keke:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great Flex !!! But I have a few disagreements :3

2ela7lw 1

Here Melvin wins for me. I actually like his arms more than Phils, the only part Phil wins for ME it`s in calves. Melvin wins this pose for me :3

148hg06 1

I also believe Melvin wins here. I like his back more, and for me he looks like he has more mass overall. Calves once again win by Phil. But position is Melvins for me. Fuck I cannot edit it to have both pictures on... what`s wrong with me D:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great Flex !!! But I have a few disagreements :
As for the abs/thigh, I think you would feel differently if it was a better picture of Heath.

As for the front double bicep, no way. Melvin's arms arn't any bigger than Heath, he only has a good amount of mass in his biceps. Look at the separation in Heath's arms, including his forearms. Heath's legs are bigger than Melvin, yet they are also in better conditioning (you can tell from the other photos), but in this picture Heath doesn't have the best lighting for his legs. The one thing I will say is Melvin is far wider than Heath, but I don't feel that's enough to give the pose to him. I'll admit the pose is a lot closer than I originally thought after giving it a second look.