• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

ECA stack.. aspirin's role?

F

Freak

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of aspirin is in an ECA (effedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thins your blood, so that when you increase your heart rate and contractility of your heart there is less resistance to blood flow.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by substaining elevated cAMP levels.

wiki.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin production outside of the cells, which, in conjunction with caffeine, greatly prolongs the thermogenic effects and increased metabolism by substaining elevated cAMP levels.

wiki.

That too.... :2:
The wonderful world of wikipedia

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

wiki.

Correct. This is basically the whole merit behind using aspirin as an anti-inflamatory/headache as well. Without going into the in depths of it, prostaglandins are pro-inflammatory.

The synergistic effects with caffeine though is because caffeine inhibits the enzyme "phosphodiesterase." Phosphodiesterase is what breaks down cAMP inside the cell. Thus, you inhibit the inhibitor, which gives you more cAMP. From there, cAMP works in a bunch of ways to promote fat burning.

Having said all this, its important to note that if you plan to build muscle also, steer clear of aspirin and other NSAIDS.

F

Freak

Thanks guys

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Correct. This is basically the whole merit behind using aspirin as an anti-inflamatory/headache as well. Without going into the in depths of it, prostaglandins are pro-inflammatory.

The synergistic effects with caffeine though is because caffeine inhibits the enzyme "phosphodiesterase." Phosphodiesterase is what breaks down cAMP inside the cell. Thus, you inhibit the inhibitor, which gives you more cAMP. From there, cAMP works in a bunch of ways to promote fat burning.

Having said all this, its important to note that if you plan to build muscle also, steer clear of aspirin and other NSAIDS.

Which sucks because after my leg workouts I do not take an asprin or ibuprofen :49: for this reason, yay for pain and limping :linedrunk: