• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help needed

G

G Unit

hey guys iv been reading the posts on losing weight while gaining muscle n iv got a couple of q's

say if ur training to b a BB but u have a weight problem whats best to do drop the weight or stay on training or is it possible to do both?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Imo you are going to lose strength if you lose weight cause your energy will go down.
But I still think you should lose some weight before, and then bulk up with clean food. And maybe you will get a little rebound after your diet and that would in that case carry you through better

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How much of a weight problem?

You need to ease into it gently - if you are quite overweight then dropping some weight through clean foods and diet will set you up by increasing your stamina and endurance which will help with the lifting, and a clean diet is something you should be aiming towards anyway if you have a weight problem.
Don't lose so much that it affects your strength, once you have a reasonable level of fitness through the cardio and weights, increase the weight and work a BBing routine - the increased muscle mass will require more calories to sustain it anyway, and you will find your strength will probably improve quicker with a little bulk rather than slimming right down.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, first of all, I'd just check over your grammar and don't use abbreviations for words because it only makes it harder for us to understand what you're trying to say. But anyways, if you want to train to become a bodybuilder, I wouldn't worry about cutting because in order for you to gain the muscle mass and sustain it, you need to cosistently feed your body the calories it needs and that most likely will end up with you gaining weight. It'd be smarter if you bulked up first to get the muscle and then cut to show it. If you go to cutting then bulking at first then it'll be extremely difficult for the body to adapt and thus hindering your energy. Just keep reading around, you'll learn. :tiphat:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo it depends on your BF%. If you are really overweight lets say 15-20%+ I would go for a solid cut. IF your below that I would suggest doing a clean bulk for a while to pack some mass.

G

G Unit

yea thanx for the help decided to drop some weight but not all n then im gunna hit the weights hard im gunna be doing cardio mostly and just gunna tone up then when iv lost enough ill up my weights n start building muscle thanx