• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

People That Should Have Been Mr.Olympia

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

Here are in my opinion some of the greatest of all time and never were able to become Mr.Olympia, which undoubtedly they should have been at least once. Lou Ferrigno, Rich Gaspari, Flex Wheeler, Kevin Levrone, Dexter Jackson, Victor Martinez...
Flex

Rich

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex is the best bb ever not to be mr olympia....second on my list would be lou....he had the size and shape to dominate for years!

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

Dex

Lou

Vic

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think Lou deserved Mr.Olympia title.There was always someone clearly better,IMO.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd say Levrone and wheeler...Wolf/Dex/Martinez are still competing so technically they still got a shot although I dont see Dex ever winning an O.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Was just about to say the same thing!

Vic and Dex are still contenders (well not so much Dex I fear)

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

I completely forgot him, i defn would have put him in, sorry guys someone upload a pic...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I don't get this notion of "deserved" when I can't come up with a year that most of these guys were truly the best man on stage, especially taking into consideration the widely known judging criteria. Most of these men have Olympia caliber physiques but just couldn't get it together when the champion was reigning champion was off. That being said, Victor has deserved at least one Olympia title.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think if you're going to list people who should have been Mr. Olympia, list the year they should have won. A lot of people (Shawn Ray, Levrone, Dex, Flex) all had great physiques, but its tough when Ronnie/Dorian/Haney dominate the title for 23 years.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Not trying to be a smartass, but can you tell me who and when more precise?
For some strange reason I like reading your "walkthrough"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No trying to be a smartass, but can you tell me who and when more precise?

I agree with Line. I think Victor got shafted last year, especially since Jay was way off and still ahead of pre-judging. He should be Mr. Olympia now.

I can't think of any other cases starting from 1984 when Haney won his first where the rightful winner wasn't crowned.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No trying to be a smartass, but can you tell me who and when more precise?
Who and when? I said Victor definitely deserved at least one title so obviously I'm talking about 2007 and, to a lesser extent, 2006.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i personally DONT LIKE shawn, but i admit there is too much quality to not to be mr o

shawnray-1.jpg

shawnrayqk5-1.jpg

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and to be fair with paul dillet, i would have crowned him 1 time, he was a DWARFENER, ok, his back was his weak point, but i think its too much punishment for a MONSTER with slim waist, and true massive

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Who and when? I said Victor definitely deserved at least one title so obviously I'm talking about 2007 and, to a lesser extent, 2006.

Yes, I mean with others in Victors situation

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I agree with Line. I think Victor got shafted last year, especially since Jay was way off and still ahead of pre-judging. He should be Mr. Olympia now.

I can't think of any other cases starting from 1984 when Haney won his first where the rightful winner wasn't crowned.

I also think Victor looked better last year :xyxthumbs:, but I still voted for Jay because I'm a Cutler fan

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you take away who they were up against and look at their physiques on their own merits then yes - Shaun Ray et al should have won - everyone goes on about how good Ray and Flex looked in 93 but it was arguably the year Dorian showed up in his best ever shape aswell.

However the point is pretty moot really to not put it into context of who they were up against as arguably all of the current BBrs would be Mr 'O' if you compare them to Mr O's of old so you can't really argue the point otherwise than in the context of who they were competing against at the time and just feel narked that they were just in the wrong era! :)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and to be fair with paul dillet, i would have crowned him 1 time, he was a DWARFENER, ok, his back was his weak point, but i think its too much punishment for a MONSTER with slim waist, and true massive

i personally DONT LIKE shawn, but i admit there is too much quality to not to be mr o

Sigh.... what years should they have won? :dunnodude: