• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

decided to rest a month.. is that wrong ?

qweasd1

qweasd1

iam 23 years old i train (seriously) since two and half years in average 3 times in the week ,, but lately i felt that iam overtraining and may hurt myself (specially left elbow and lower back ) and i tend to rest in the bed for long times in the day that decrease my other day activities so i decided to stop for one month ,, my question is that may decrease my size and trenght seriously ?

P

Pain

VIP
1 week rest is all you need. You'll probably find when you get back after 1 month your strength is down abit.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
due to injuries i have been out like 6 months, now im back and training serious again, and ok, i lost tons of strengh, but i recovered size in 1 month, (having same amounts of fat than before), and i think ill recover my lost strengh in another month

its just my example, im sure 1 month wont hurt you

just another fact, i stopped squatting during 1 year due 2 fucked up tendinitis, and after i started training heavy again, i recoved all my PB in 3 months and the most important thing is i recovered all the injuries

qweasd1

qweasd1

even if i eat well and rest well ? i will lose big deal of my stenght ? i dont think that one month is that long period to cause that drop in stenght

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm also injured, just ending recovering time... I trained for the last time 2 months ago and I had a very stressful time... and as a result I lost about 4 kg (8,8 lbs)...

If you are injured take your time off, maybe 10-15 days... and then come back... you'll be where you were in a small amount of time.

Wolfdogs

Wolfdogs

Well it depends how bad your injuries are. I wouldn't last a month without training! I've never been injured asided a small lower back setback but I only stopped deadlifts, squats and rows for awhile replacing them by something less demanding while stretching and doing extensions mostly. Now my lower back is stronger than ever. You are still young, and only working out 3 times per week, i'd say go with 2 weeks top or you'll lose strenght.

qweasd1

qweasd1

iam not injured ,, but chronic fatigue is annoying me all the time ,, i dont know why because i train only three times a week and dont work so much (beside bdybuilding)

P

Pain

VIP
Just take a week off and see how you feel then. A month is too long imo, unless you need to recover from an injury.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why not just de-load for a few weeks isntead of completely shutting down?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain and Wolf gave great suggestions, I go through the same thing and I either only take a week off or just 5 days. Or you can try a deloading week, you may also need to look at how much you are eating and sleeping. It may not be enough, especially if your having problems recovering from only three days a week.
A month is just way too long, you will notice too much size and strength losses. Unless your not worried about that then do a month. But you do not need us to justify you taking a break from training when all you need is a week and to look at your diet and amount of sleep.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
RoyceGracie

RoyceGracie

I used to train non-stop 6 days a week. But then I became more educated and now I lift 5 days a week, heavy lifting for 3 weeks (3 sets of 6-10) and then 1 week of lighter lifting (3 sets of 20) and then I take a week off and repeat. This has been working very well for me and I don't loose any size I actually gain some weight because my activity level goes down for the week (I will put on a good 6-10lbs) and when I come back I feel stronger than before.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude if it took me 3 months to recover and entire year, you may take 2 weeks or less to recover a month, and your body will be happier and ready to lift bigger

but maybe you could just rest 2 weeks, and use very very light weights or elastic bands during another 2 weeks

about the diet, i lowered the carbs to 50% (i was bulking) and the protein a lot too, maybe 60%, i kept vitamins and glucosamine and no more supplements

qweasd1

qweasd1

the main problem with me was and still i need to eat alot and rest alot too (not injuries )and that on the long term is annoying so much to take care of your body that much (bodybuilding is not easy natural you must know what i mean ) i dont fear pain (not the admin of course ) but jus found i cant do my normal life alot of times so i decided to rest a month and see what happens ,, i think to do some medical investigation ,, what are your opinions ?

P

Pain

VIP
It just sounds you can't be assed getting to the gym. Suck it up and just go. If you feel like this now then you'll probably still feel like this after a months rest.

qweasd1

qweasd1

no i like training may be more than anybody else but it seems that i reached a point that going on more may hurt myself so i will pause and arrange myself and be back again

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no i like training may be more than anybody else but it seems that i reached a point that going on more may hurt myself so i will pause and arrange myself and be back again

Try a deloading week of going lighter, maybe even two weeks. I think that will help better than just taking time off. Besides, as a bodybuilder you know that it will eat you up inside if you take time off from the gym. Do what you think is best.

P

Pain

VIP

Why do you think you'll hurt yourself if you keep training? Saying you like to train more than anybody else is quite the statement. You sure you can back that up? :coolguy:

Just stop asking if you should take a week or a month off and just do it. It seems your mind is pretty much made up anyway.