• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What inspires and motivates you?

P

Pain

VIP
When you feel discouraged or alittle down, what things get you moving again?

2hf85tx-1.jpg

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not wanting to lose seven years of hard work, any time I feel I need to give up time in the gym or don't feel up to it. I think of all the things I sacrificed to make the gains I have.

In other aspects of life I think of my future and/or future family that will pay for me slacking or doing something stupid. That gets me motivated to get back on the ball.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fact that I feel I have the knowledge and resources to continually refine and improve my physique. As Braaq said, I feel I have worked so hard to get to where I am at and I know that I could lose it if I dont keep at it. I just see where I am currently at and I know that I can be better than what I am looking at in the present. I also get a lot of motivation from others. Since I started bodybuilding, my friends, family and aquantainces have been so supportive and always compliment my improvements so I use that as motivation to continually press forward and make sure I dont dissapoint what they expect out of me and what I expect out of myself.

skid9832004

skid9832004

i guess because working out is the only thing that keeps me sane with all the things i have in my life and Not being like the rest of the people i know. All they do is drink nd smoke then brag how fked up they got the day after in school i dont see the purpose. People including my parents dont understand why i do what i do but i love it.

As Marcus Ruhl put it "i love to fight with myself everyday"

Kanav

Kanav

^ agreed with everyone

Theres times I feel that bodybuilding is the only thing I have any control of in my life.

That thirst, that I can be better with every passing day is motivation enough.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the idea of being different than every body else !!! so i will keep pumping iron until the day i die :xyxthumbs: and after that i can pump more weights in haven :hsughr:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the idea of being different than every body else !!! so i will keep pumping iron until the day i die :xyxthumbs: and after that i can pump more weights in haven :hsughr:

aaaaaamen bro:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Edit* I missed the mark on my last point.

I was confusing emotions. What inspires me when I'm down?

John Williams. I have pretty much everything he's ever composed, and his music always cheers me up. The original score to Star Wars is my favorite thing to listen to when I'm down.

That's general inspiration.
In the gym, Dorian Yates is my inspiration. His attitude, in particular.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Almost the same as I think.

I'll say it this way:

The idea of being BETTER than the rest

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
wow.... epic fail on the double posting.....

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tp_88

tp_88

SiCKs video "Bodybuilding - A Lifestyle". Crazy motivation-booster! The best BB-compilation of all time imo. God bless you SiCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Savjav

Savjav

your dad looks great there! mate and i love that video by sick too especially when it says..
: The iron never lies to you, u can walk around and hear all kinds of talk. Get told ur a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick u the real deal, it is the great reference point the all knowing perspective giver. its like a beacon in the pitch black. i have found the iron to be my greatest friend. it never freaks out on me, never runs, friends come and go but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds....
i love that, yeah i have to agree with everyone else when i look in the mirror and see who i am i dont want to loose that i want to strive to better myself

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people that overcome difficulties that would bring most of the people down.mostly people with disabilities

special olympics athletes are inspiring for me.the harder it is the more it inspires
me

G

G Unit

amen always gets me pumped up always specially when i feel down

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, let me tell you. I was finishing up chest the other day, and I noticed this huge black guy with a blind stick walking around. I though for sure he was holding it for someone, because he knew where all of the equipment was, and he was fuckin' huge. He came up to me and asked if I was done with my set and I then found out the guy was blind because of the way he was looking.

That was truly inspiring that a blind guy can be that dedicated, even when he cant see what motivates him everyday, himself.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The challenge to better myself.

The fear of failure.

Having a training partner and knowing I have to keep ahead.

Knowing how much other people put in - if I quit I'll hate myself and knowing other people aren't quitting means I can't either.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just look up Pains and Sicks videos :).

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I want to prove everyone wrong.
I want to be not only the most defined but the biggest at my school, then in my area, etc.