• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2008 End of An Era?

P

Pain

VIP
The Ronnie era ended last year, is this the year the jay Cutler era will also end? Which guys are going to start a new era in bodybuilding and headline the Mr.Olympia? Heath? Victor?

106wkt0-1.png

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Wolf and Heath are the new era IMO, victor is from the current

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I can't see why Victor isn't getting the respect he deserves. No one on stage last year was even close to the guy and now we're ruling him out as too old or past his prime. It's absurd.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't see why Victor isn't getting the respect he deserves. No one on stage last year was even close to the guy and now we're ruling him out as too old or past his prime. It's absurd.

Seems odd but it doesn't seem he will be better this year or maybe the same because of the injury. Only time will tell.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

I didn't exclude Victor...he did f**k up his leg you know. He wont be back this year in the top 5...that would be a miracle if he did

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Seems odd but it doesn't seem he will be better this year or maybe the same because of the injury. Only time will tell.
I find this to be rather presumptuous but at least you indicate that this is more of a "feeling" than anything based on fact. The leg is certainly an issue but I think it's understated how much ground pro bodybuilders can make up upon their return to form in the gym.
Daniel Andersson said:
I didn't exclude Victor...he did f**k up his leg you know. He wont be back this year in the top 5...that would be a miracle if he did
I addressed the leg issue briefly above and concede that, as Tonka noted, it's too early to tell. I'd be willing to bet in favor of Victor finishing in the top five though as I don't think we have enough digressive news yet to lead us to believe otherwise.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I addressed the leg issue briefly above and concede that, as Tonka noted, it's too early to tell. I'd be willing to bet in favor of Victor finishing in the top five though as I don't think we have enough digressive news yet to lead us to believe otherwise.

:xyxthumbs: I hope Victor comes in 100% if he decides to do the O, but in a interview he said he was going to start training again in may. And I think thats to little with time. But who knows, it seems like he has kept lots of his size, so he might get back close to 100% atleast.

Im afraid though..that it might be another "Cutler" if he doesn't come in 100%....that has happend to many times already at the Mr. Olympia stage. I hope both Victor and Jay brings their best, and spares us from bs.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe it's much to early to discount Victor. Competitively speaking, he hasn't been on the scene very long; IMO he truly did win the last Olympia, so he'll have a large hand in the future of the sport for sure.

I just hope that he doesn't push himself too fast or too hard in working to get to the Olympia this year, as the last thing I want to see with him is the development of a chronic knee injury.

I believe the future is a composite group without a single athlete leading the way. Victor, Heath, Wolf, and Greene will all continue to be large names if the judging criteria finally swings to the way of shape again. I would love to see Freeman, Anthony, Baddell, and Dex maintaining their competetive elite status as well.

Bodybuilding itself is a sport that can make (Kai) or break (Freeman:tear:) an athlete in a single evening, be it for the short or long term. We'll just have to see how the athletes capitalize on this potential opportunity.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
vic heath wolf and maybe kai

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Vic, wolf, heath.... and in a few years BREWER :keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:2: True, I agree fully.

I see the "new era" having Victor and Heath as the front runners. But if Wolf continues to improve in the areas he needs to most he can very well pull the rug from under them and dominate. He has the structure, lets see if he can do it.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the new era is vic, heath and kai

J

joligr

you`re right...let`s talk about weak points...
Victor is the best BB right now