• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Palumbo Diet

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is this the Palumbo diet for a contest? I am not sure what he wants you do to the night/day before or how he water depletes, but if anyone knows please let me know.

The starting point of the diet is simple,

* 1.5g pro and .5g fat per lbs of total bodyweight
* LI Cardio, HR under 130 bpm
* LI cardio performed in the AM and post-workout
* Cardio 7 days per week
* Cardio never to go over 60min per session

Once cardio is maxed out, the removal of fats would take place and you may replace with veggies to stay satiated. These veggie days would be added as fat loss stalls, some need them, some don't.

There can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

Meal 1: 6 whole eggs
Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
Meal 3: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter
Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
Meal 5: 8 oz steak, 2 cups broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil
Meal 6: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter

another variation...

Diet: (for 250lb man)
Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
Meal 6 6 whole eggs

Supps:
ESSENTIAL POLYUNSATURATES:
-Omega-3 Fish Oil pills 1000mg 3x per day
-Evening Primrose Oil (Omega-6) 1300mg 2x per day
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil is still better for your heart! These are HEART HEALTHY MONOUNSATURATED FATS (along with MACADAMIA NUT OIL). MONO's are NOT essential fats; however, they ARE very heart healthy.

NON ESSENTIAL but HEART HEALTHY
Macadamia Nut oil (Omega-9 monosaturates) 2-3 tablespoons per day

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude if this is the diet you want me to go on.... your crazy. there is like 2100 calories here and NO CARBS. i'm telling you i will be able to lose weight without absolutely starving myself (don't forget, i will be running something). this is like for someone who is like 50 lbs lighter than me i will seriously waste away

and in regards to your question, i have no idea if this is the official diet :nana2: i'll see you tomorrow :xyxthumbs:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude if this is the diet you want me to go on.... your crazy. there is like 2100 calories here and NO CARBS. i'm telling you i will be able to lose weight without absolutely starving myself (don't forget, i will be running something). this is like for someone who is like 50 lbs lighter than me i will seriously waste away

and in regards to your question, i have no idea if this is the official diet :nana2: i'll see you tomorrow :xyxthumbs:

Dude its 3200 calories,315 grams of protein,200 grams of fat,30 grams of carbs. This will keep you from holding water, and retaining your muscle size and strength... do your research you douche :no: You clearly need guidance in this contest prep. If you think you have to have carbs then you have no clue about nutrition, this is the exact diet that Eric Centopani was on and he is 50lbs heavier! He went to 275lbs to 245lbs shredded, and full.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok i do not see at all how this equals that many calories. we'll see how i progress as i near the contest date. if something radical like this needs to be done, then i'll do it. but i really don't think something like this will be necessary. and i'm not a douche you little skeezer :keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok i do not see at all how this equals that many calories. we'll see how i progress as i near the contest date. if something radical like this needs to be done, then i'll do it. but i really don't think something like this will be necessary. and i'm not a douche you little skeezer :keke:

You do not change diets at ALL when you are doing a contest diet :no:
My god boy!
Do you know how many calories per gram are in fat, protein and carbs?? Or do I need to edumacate you little padowan?
* 1 gram of carbohydrate = 4 calories
* 1 gram of protein = 4 calories
* 1 gram of fat = 9 calories
* 1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories (for those drinkers out there, this equals beer gut :keke:)

Ok I was a bit off on the total but
320 g protein x 4 cal = 1260 cals
200 g fats x 7 cal = 1400 cals
30 g carbs x 4 cals = 120
TOTAL = 2780 calories

I do not think you are comprehending how much you deplete yourself on a contest diet, contest diets are dramatic (and you do have more bf than you think you do) since you have to get to 4%bf in a a matter of months. I thought I dropped weight fast and easy too just like you said, but that was not the case especially when you need to get to as shredded as you do in a short amount of time.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yes this looks like Palumbos diet, but are you sure there is carbs in there? :D
Dave strongly believes that just 1g of carbs will put you out of "keto" and the body will start to slow its metabolism down again..I would kill myself on a diet like this :D

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes this looks like Palumbos diet, but are you sure there is carbs in there? :D
Dave strongly believes that just 1g of carbs will put you out of "keto" and the body will start to slow its metabolism down again..I would kill myself on a diet like this :D

I hear nothing but great things, and the whole time you look full and dry because you are not holding water from consuming carbs. Also, the pumps are supposed to be great and you don't lose too much strength. I am going to do it when I do my next contest for sure. I am doing a similar offseason diet right now but I am throwing in red meat. I am not holding much water and feel great. I could only imagine how this works for me.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I hear nothing but great things, and the whole time you look full and dry because you are not holding water from consuming carbs. Also, the pumps are supposed to be great and you don't lose too much strength. I am going to do it when I do my next contest for sure. I am doing a similar offseason diet right now but I am throwing in red meat. I am not holding much water and feel great. I could only imagine how this works for me.

OK, sounds good :xyxthumbs:
Just came to think about the part with holding water....Im a fu**ing watertank :D

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MEAL #1 5 whole eggs (OMEGA-3 EGGS ); add another 4 egg whites to this

MEAL #2 SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)....

MEAL #3 "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/3-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4 SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added

MEAL #5 "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar..

MEAL #6 SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Joeb23

Joeb23

The premise of the diet is fairly simple. No starchy carbs are to be eaten at any time not in any amount. The purpose of these ketogenic diets is to enduse a strong state of ketosis where the brain learns to burn the fats(ketones) and store them as energy. These diets go as far back as the stone ages where cave men would consume large amounts of fats to store as energy for long trips where food was not always available. Fats are originally what I beleive natures prime source of energy. The brain is more inclined to make better use of these fats for energy than it would be for carbs. In other words you get more bang for your buck. Don't get me wrong though, carbs are much easy and have a quicker affect on the body through glucogenesis but once the brain is taught to burn fats for energy it will become much more efficient on your overall fat burining and mind altering state which makes this one of the more appealing diets out there once it is researched about. I predict in the next 10-15 year span when more education of this diet is spread around and people give it a try it will become the only way diet.

faiz

faiz

the diet makes 0 sense..

i knew two people who were on his diet and preped by him but doing 2 hours of cardio ed..

how does that makes sense.. there should be trade off.

0 carbs= 0 to low cardio...

it works for people who are obese... or a finally step.. but a long time on this diet is not healthy..

Re: Tony Freeman..

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the diet makes 0 sense..

i knew two people who were on his diet and preped by him but doing 2 hours of cardio ed..

how does that makes sense.. there should be trade off.

it works for people who are obese... or a finally step.. but a long time on this diet is not healthy..

Re: Tony Freeman..

I would like to hear you explanation for this:

:tiphat:

faiz

faiz

Do you know anything about exercise physiology or what goes on in your body while you exercise ie cardio? Or are you just saying something off the top of your head because you do not get it because the diet makes perfect sense??

I would like to hear you explanation for this:

:tiphat:

I'm saying based on a cost benfit ratio... not based on science... or what jumbo paulumbo says...

if your eating 0 to no carbs there should be a trade off some where..

faiz

faiz

another thing

all the top pros today and in the past ate carbs... and come in shredded to the the bone.

Dave says limit veggies too two meals. .. ( but use his fiberlize supplement... )...

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm saying based on a cost benfit ratio... not based on science... or what jumbo paulumbo says...

if your eating 0 to no carbs there should be a trade off some where..

oh, well im not trying to be an ass, but what are you talking about? Trade off such as health problems?

faiz

faiz

oh, well im not trying to be an ass, but what are you talking about? Trade off such as health problems?

sorry i didnt mean helth probs

I meant if your eating such restrictive carbs coming from nuts and veggies..

the trade off should be less cardio..

but people on ketosis diets do the same amount of cardio as someone eating rotating carbs.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another thing

all the top pros today and in the past ate carbs... and come in shredded to the the bone.

Dave says limit veggies too two meals. .. ( but use his fiberlize supplement... )...

True, true... but the more science progresses we find better more efficient ways or alternatives. This is the "gold standard" yet, but it will eventually. Or it could die off, but using fat over carbohydrate sources for energy makes complete sense.

faiz

faiz

True, true... but the more science progresses we find better more efficient ways or alternatives. This is the "gold standard" yet, but it will eventually. Or it could die off, but using fat over carbohydrate sources for energy makes complete sense.

i dont disagree with the science... it makes sense,