• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Marcus Haley teared his quad?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
marcushaley-1.jpg

Torn Quad to Force Marcus Haley Out For Most of 2008 Season

Seems like the injury bug is biting hard these days. First Victor Martinez, now Marcus Haley, who suffered a torn quadriceps that will keep him on the sideline for most of the 2008 season.

Flex Online spoke to The Comet today, and found out that Marcus has been recuperating for three weeks now after having surgery to repair the quad on December 29.

Apparently, Marcus was in Nebraska visiting in-laws for the holidays. Haley was training legs on Christmas Eve when the unfortunate injury occurred."I was doing a set of leg extensions and went to move my body mid-rep," Haley says. "I should have known better. It sounded like a telephone book ripping as I watched the tendon retract up my leg."

Amazingly, Haley walked out of the gym and spent the next few days in Nebraska with an Ace bandage wrapped around his left quad. He saw a doctor after arriving home on December 27th and found out how serious the injury was."If you know what broom likes like, that’s what the quadriceps tendon looked like," Haley says. "I asked him to tell me now, I wanted to know if my career is over. I need to know now. He said I would come back. I’m in a spinal cast until February 7th, after which I will be put into a flexible cast and start rehab. I’ll be in rehab for six to seven weeks, but I could be back in four depending on how I respond to therapy."

The injury is the second major leg injury of Haley’s career. In 2002, Haley suffered a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula of his right leg. Haley, though, isn’t letting the injury keep him completely out of action. He started training with friend Darrell Terrell four days ago, and his weight is holding steady at 240 pounds. Haley is planning on returning to competition at the 2008 IFBB Atlantic City Pro on September 12-13 and qualifying for the 2008 IFBB Mr. Olympia for the second consecutive year.

"Pray for me, but don’t feel sorry for me," Haley says. "I’m a fighter. The Comet will rise again."

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I've totaly missed this one :uhoh2:
Anyone know how he's doing?

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man i had no idea..... Hope he recovers well and makes it back the best he can.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man, that would be the absolute worst thing a bodybuilder could ever go through.. even though im not a fan of his physique, i feel bad for the guy..

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope he gets well soon.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That sucks for him. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't like him (his physique) at all, but of course I hope that he'll recover fast.