• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil's Arm workout

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Had a pretty good arm workout about an hour ago..

Started out with Biceps(used to do triceps first, but they get so pumped that i can't workout biceps haa)

Straight Bar Curls:
1. 65 lb 10 reps
2. 85 lb 10 reps
3. 115 lb 8 reps I think

Seated Incline Hammer Curls:
I had actually not done these, but I heard they really get the brachialis, and I like working out my peak since I have short biceps.

1.20 lb 12 reps
2. 30 lb 12 reps
3. 45 lb 14 reps
4. 55 lb 12 reps

Preacher Curl(ez bar):
I do it with the easy bar for my wrists, and I love the pump feeling i get with it.
1. 55 lb 15 reps
2. 65 lb 15 reps
3. 105 12 reps

Last for Biceps, 21's Ronnie Coleman style:
I hardly do these, but I thought they would be a good finisher.
We did 2 sets of 21 reps with who knows pounds lol.

Triceps:
One of my favorite things to get bigger and workout..

Close Grip BP:
Bar Warm up for assurance..gotta do it baby lol.
1. 135 lb 20 reps
2. 205 ib 12 reps
3. 245 ib 12 reps.

Cable straight pressdowns..I heard these really hit the outer head..and I want my outer head to poke out more to create that Kevin Levrone width illusion..even though his weren't illusion haha.

4 sets, machines, so who gives a fuck about weight

Skull Crushers..Love em'
1. 65 ib 10 reps
2. 95 lb 10 reps
3. 125 lb 10 reps.

Lastly, Reverse Grip for one set, then we decided wtf, lets do v-bar pressdowns.

So we did 1 set reverse grip straight, then we did 3 sets with the v bar..Triceps were pizumped as hell.

Recap: I think we did around 12-15 sets for bis and tris..prolly closer to 12.
Pretty good workout overall. What do you guys think as far as sets and reps?
*took about 1 hr. 20 to do it all..not bad

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
way tooooooooooooo many sets!!!!

bangbang

bangbang

Wow, that is a lot of sets. Looks like a brutal workout.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol not really..any less than 12 sets would be too little I thought.. the weight was too light to not have that many sets..

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wait a long time when I do these many sets. I suppose I could rest less, do heavier weiht, and less sets.

bangbang

bangbang

If it works for you than keep it up. Personally, I think 9-12 sets is plenty. The biceps and triceps aren't big muscles so there's not much to cover.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true

If it works for you than keep it up. Personally, I think 9-12 sets is plenty. The biceps and triceps aren't big muscles so there's not much to cover.

I have a tendency to linger on arm day because it's just so fun to workout arms. But then I'm looking on Braaqs training log and he does like 5-6 sets for bis, but it looks like they have high intensity. Yea this volume shit works, but what if I'm overtraining without knowing it and Braaq's type of training works better?..fuck lol

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you are definitely over training.. you are working out more aerobic style then anything.. you need to look up max-ot and then with time through knowledge of your body and the way muscles really grow will change your world upside down.

bangbang

bangbang

Over training definitely, even 6-9 set is sufficient. Your arms come into play in a lot of your other workouts.

Lee Haney once said, "Stimulation, not annihilation."

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah. That's deff over training. You need to do like 2 exercises and go heavy for 3 sets man. Pick an exercise that you can do one of and that's it. Like 21's are a favorite of mine because the pump is intense, the weight is fairly high, and at the end you really worked your bi's. It's just a simple set too and your bi's are done. Tri's can be done with either skull-crushers or french-presses for 3 sets each using heavy weights and low reps. Sure, arm day may seem like fun, but use that metality on leg day or during cardio.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck I thought this was working because my arms were growing. Dammit, I guess ill change it up so they can REALLY grow.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh

Yeah. That's deff over training. You need to do like 2 exercises and go heavy for 3 sets man. Pick an exercise that you can do one of and that's it. Like 21's are a favorite of mine because the pump is intense, the weight is fairly high, and at the end you really worked your bi's. It's just a simple set too and your bi's are done. Tri's can be done with either skull-crushers or french-presses for 3 sets each using heavy weights and low reps. Sure, arm day may seem like fun, but use that metality on leg day or during cardio.

Man thanks..I can't believe I've been high volume training my arms for sooo fucking long and come to realize that I could have been 6 months ago where I am now. I just TRULY didn't know how to know if "I'm" overtraining.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do yall think max ot is really good,and that i should do it? I would really like to know how braaq does his lol. Or anyone . Sorry for so many scattered posts.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max-ot works. DoggCrapp works. Progressive Overload works. German Volume Training works. Riot Bombing works. Follow an online training scheme and then you'll know you're not over training. I suggest Max-ot or German Volume if you want to progress fast.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
overtraining and over thinking! cut it down to two exercises for bi's and tri's, and make them big mass builders

DB curl
preacher curl

dips
decline skullcrushers

and do a few warms ups with 1-2 working sets! and try and improve in reps or weight each week over a moderate rep range of 8-12! getting stronger over the rep range over time with good form and nurtrition will build mass effeciently!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
preciate' it beef and knight. Yea that dogg crap stuff..I just don't understand it...I need to find max-ot I guess..Fast is a little bit more fun than slow lol

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck I thought this was working because my arms were growing. Dammit, I guess ill change it up so they can REALLY grow.

Usually you shouldnt try to fix something that already works.How many years have you trained?

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not counting my only injury layoff, bout 1 yr 2 or 3 months.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good suggestions. Now let's see you employ them for optimum gains! :xyxthumbs: