• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulking diet.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why hello there guys, I recently managed to get down skinny and shredded. But I lost a lot of muscle mass because I wasn`t very precise with my diet. I just cut a lot of food out. So now I want to get bigger, all my stats are in my profile on the left. It would be much appreciated if you guys could help me by creating a diet for me, ideally gaining as less fat as possible, I know this is hard, but if you have some secrets there I would really appreciate it.

I will do anything you guys tell me to, even if it means getting up at 4 am to drink a protein shake :3

With all my love Neo :gaygay:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh and I train three to five days a week, an hour maximum. No cardio as of yet. It really depletes my energy source.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
B]I use this formula[/B]

(weight in kg) * (activity level, 30-40) = kcal

1lbs = 0,454kg

You take your weight in kg times the activity level you have.
30 is a day with low activity levels
35 is a day with normal activity levels
40 is a day with high activity levels

This is what your body need JUST to function.
When bulking you increase the kcal with 10% until you gain 0,3-0,5kg every week
When cutting you decrease the kcal with 10% until you lose 0,3-0,5kg every week

Example
A man weighing 100kg (~220lbs) with high activity bulking

(100kg) * (40) = 4000kcal

4000kcal * 10%=4400kcal / day
4000kcal * 20%=4800kcal / day
4000kcal * 30%=5200kcal / day

A man weighing 100kg (~220lbs) with high activity cutting

(100kg) * (40) = 4000kcal

4000kcal / 10%=3600kcal / day
4000kcal / 20%=3200kcal / day
4000kcal / 30%=2800kcal / day

Divide the kcal like this:

Protein
40-50%

Carbs
30-40%

Fat
Atleast 20%

samsam

samsam

For most people the 4 halfbody routine is very effective, Make it either Push/Pull days or Upperbody/Lowerbody days

Day1: Upperbody/Push
Day2: Lowerbody/Pull
Day3:Rest
Rotate
Focus on the big compound moves, increase masturbation etc etc. :)
Dietwise DA's post covered my part on that mostly, try taking in a lot of highquality foods, chicken,tuna,rice,oats, similar meat as before, lotta veggies, shakes.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
alright... now... what do I eat ? I need a diet, not how many calories to consume xD

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would never just write out someone's bulking diet, you should eat things to your own preference.

Oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread are great carb sources. Slowly raise your cals using a good proportion of carbs/fat/protein.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heres how i ate basically while i was bulking(started cutting today)

meal 1: a wheat bagel, a bowl of oatmeal, two scoops of whey
meal 2:150 g of chicken, 2-3 sweet potatoes
meal 3: same as previous
meal 4:a bowl of oatmeal and a can of tuna and a handfull of almonds(preworkout)
right after my workout: a gatorade and two scoops of whey
meal 5: everything in sight, 6 eggs, 5-6 large potatoes, 200-300 g of chicken, a ton of nuts and almonds and so forth(often i would throw in an extra bowl of oatmeal too) this was my postworkout meal
meal 6: a casein protein, either skim milk or cottage cheese+ two table spoons of olive oil and some nuts and almonds

KCharger9

KCharger9

5-6 large sweeet potatoes in one serving?? Thats not right thats like 300-400 grams of carbs for one meal. Are you serious with this diet.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm actually beginning a clean bulk, all I do is figure out the foods i'm going to use, then add them together for meals.

My main carb sources:

-Whole wheat pasta
-Oatmeal
-Grits
-Whole wheat bread (any kind excluding HFCS)
-Yams
-Brown rice

My main protein sources:

-Chicken breasts
-Whey protein
-Ground beef
-Steak
-Eggs
-Milk
-Tuna
-Tilapia

My main fat sources:

-Natural peanut butter
-Olive oil
-fish oil (small amounts)
-Egg yolks
-Flax seed oil (small amounts)
-Nuts

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5-6 large sweeet potatoes in one serving?? Thats not right thats like 300-400 grams of carbs for one meal. Are you serious with this diet.

uh no, its like 35 g of carbs in one sweet potato, 5 is then just over 200 g of carbs which is appropriate as a postworkout meal. when i bulk i dont care how many carbs i eat, 500+ is totally fine by me as long as its from good sources.

hell yeah im serious, it worked well, and im intending to do this the next time i bulk too...

flex: yeah, thats how i was thinking too, no way im up for that counting macronutrients crap when i bulk...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you're looking to keep the diet clean; focus on when you consume the nutrients aside from just taking in large amounts.

For weight gain, we all know carbs are the answer. So focus on when you consume them. 20% of your total carbohydrate intake should be in the morning, 20% pre workout and 25% post workout. The rest should be evenly split throughout the day, excluding before bed.

Also, closely look at digestion rates of the proteins and carbs, as well as the omegas.