• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet Pop

92notch

92notch

Wat do you guys think of diet pop? I have Im on my second week of cutting and i can stick to my diet, but i have one or two diet pops a day. Is this bad or should i not worry about it? let me know wat you guys think

faiz

faiz

its fine..

same with crystal lite

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not sure, better ask Fahad.

:keke:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 a day seems a bit much...what's the point? There's no health benefit and you can get something that tastes just as good with less sugar.

92notch

92notch

yea two a day is kinda pushin it, but i dont think there any sugar in diet, not sure though

ryanbrown0087

ryanbrown0087

there is no sugar in diet sodas...

faiz

faiz

2 a day seems a bit much...what's the point? There's no health benefit and you can get something that tastes just as good with less sugar.

you have obviously not dieted..

diet pop is fine..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sugar free drinks are life savers!!!! try and get stuff made splenda which in turn is made with sucralose, which is much better then aspartame..

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
personally when cutting I boil up about 1.5 l of water and dump a green tea bag and let it steep. Then add 2-3 packets of splenda and chuck it in the fridge.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
personally when cutting I boil up about 1.5 l of water and dump a green tea bag and let it steep. Then add 2-3 packets of splenda and chuck it in the fridge.

hmm, is it any good? you feel 1 teabag is enough for 1.5 Lt? also, wouldn't it taste a bit better with lemon added? anyways, thats a good idea either way, thanks for this.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i was thinking of adding another bag, lemon also would be a nice touch :linedrunk:

I also found this yogurt thats pretty good, per 100g container there is 5 carbs, 5 protein and 0 fat, it tastes awsome as well

bangbang

bangbang

Oops, I didn't even notice he said diet. :49:

But either way, 2 a day is still not a great idea.
Why is this not a good idea? Diet pop makes food go down so much easier when your dieting. Water along with say, brown rice and chicken.. :ugh:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obviously drinks such as green tea are more beneficial but alittle bit here and there won't hurt you, as long as your body can sustain large amounts of aspartame.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Well, for one, there's absolutely no health benefit. And if it's using aspartame, while not really something to be worried about (I feel they make the risks sound worse than they are), you may find this interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

(Yes, I realize it's wikipedia). :e5dunno:

As for sucralose, it actually contains more calories than you're led to believe. This is also from Wiki (because I'm lazy).

"Artificial sweetners including sucralose have been identified as possible factors in raising population obesity levels by making the consumer take up more calories later, because it confuses the brain and body responses about sugary substances and calories - associating sweet foods with less calories.

Note too that although the “nutritional facts” label on Splenda’s retail packaging states that a single serving of 0.5 gram (1 teaspoon or 5 milliliters) contains zero calories, Splenda actually contains 1.66 calories per teaspoon.[10] Note that the individual, tear-open packages as shown at right are double-size, one-gram servings, which contain 3.31 calories. Such labeling is appropriate in the U.S. because the FDA’s regulations permit a product to be labeled as “zero calories” if the “food contains less than 5 calories per reference amount customarily consumed and per labeled serving.”[11] Because Splenda contains a relatively small amount of sucralose, little of which is metabolized, virtually all of Splenda’s caloric content derives from the highly fluffed dextrose or maltodextrin filler, or carrier, that gives Splenda its volume. Like other carbohydrates, dextrose and maltodextrin have 3.75 calories per gram."

So yeah, is diet pop the end of the world? Lol, of course not. I was just saying not to go overboard with it because it's pretty must just junk.

faiz

faiz

The amount of aspartame most of your studies are obseen amounts like 4 liters aday.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The amount of aspartame most of your studies are obseen amounts like 4 liters aday.

Which is why I said it's not really something to worry about.