• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

any comments on it plz tell me how i can improve

P

Pumpin

ok so i work out at home now just to tone and i have a bad knee soo...

i start legs then back then shoulders then pecs and then arms...
i dont do them all in the same work out but i think u all would catch my drift lol

i am 273 pounds pretty built but a lil chubby so my goal is to tone it up and get my knee better

for my abs i do crunches with my knees in the air untell i cant do any more first set is usually 50 and then how ever much i can do for the other two

for my legs i do 5x12 squat 100 pounds
3x12 lunges 30 then 40 and then 50 pounds in each hand
then 3x12 step ups 30 then 40 and then 50 pounds in each hand

so for my back i do stiff legged dead lift 3x20 100 pounds
bent over barbell rows 3x15 100 pounds
and then dumbbell rows 3x15 on each arm 50 in each hand

my shoulders i do 3x20 barbell shrugs 100 pounds
then i do dumbbell upright rows 40 in each hand 3x15
then i do front and side laterals which ever delt i feel i need to work out more that day 3x15 of 20 in each hand

then i go to my pecs and i do 3x20 bench press 100 pounds
then i do 3x15 dumbbell press 50 in each hand
then i do some dumbbell flyes start 30 in each hand going to 40 and then 50 3x15

then i do my arms dumbbell curls 3x15 each arm 30 pounds
then hammer curls 3x15 each arm 30 pounds
and then i do some one arm over head extensions 3x15 each arm 30 pounds
then i do both arms over head extensions 3x20 50 pounds

so yea thats for me to tone up a bit and get my knee better and yea i would really like it if any one had any comments about it to tell me

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont do any more than 8 reps per set for starters

P

Pumpin

im not a starter and gyms are over rated

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As far as the reps go, it is a myth that the higher reps will "tone" you up. I would suggest a rep range of 6-12 on average. So first thing i would suggest is to lower your reps a little bit so they are within this range. Make sure that intensity is very high so that your last rep should be your last possible or close to. Your back exercises are all geared mostly towards thickness and lack a real width building exercise such as pull-ups or pull downs so I would suggest implementing that. I notice that you dont include a pressing movement for shoulders, such as millitary press. I also think implementing such an exercise would be benificial. I am curious as to what kind of knee injury you have? And also, what does your frequency look like for your current program? You mentioned that you dont do full body routines so is it just one muscle group per week or upper body or what? Knowing these things will help us better to improve your current routine and help you reach your goals!

P

Puttejr

Don't do to many reps, it will make you overtrained quick :/

shredded08

shredded08

i like to keep my back and leg days atleast a couple days apart...just gives ur body time to rest since those are usually the hardest workouts

P

Pumpin

well in my second season of football i took a cheap shot when we were supposed to be taking a knee to run out the clock and a guy chop blocked me and tore my PCL ligament and then over the last two years i have re injured it from either wrestling with my uncle, and wrong stance in dead lift i was doing stiff legged deads BUT they were strait not bent a lil bit and then the season that just past i hit it off some ones helmet REALLY fuckin hard

and i do full bodies SOMETIMES like when i had a bad day and i just feel like blowing off some steams like 3 sets of how ever much per muscle group i know i shouldnt but who hasnt had a bad day and just worked out cause ur in a mood and i usually do legs and shoulders then i do back and biceps and then i do pecs and triceps so mostly compounded muscle groups or w/e it is lol and yea i was thinking of doing some shoulder press behind the head for some pressing movments instead of laterals lol

and nah i was just in a bad mood gyms arent over rated at all man gyms are like the best thing man has created or thought of lol

P

Pumpin

im also going to buy a stationary bike for my knee lol

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff