• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter Jackson joins WEIDER

weR4221

weR4221

Dexter "The Blade" Jackson signs with Weider Publications

March 19, 2008

The last three weeks have been very good to Dexter Jackson. On Wednesday, things got even better when Jackson inked an exclusive contract with Weider Publications.

"It's been a long time coming," Jackson said. "I really just wanted to be a part of the team. I've always wanted to be with Weider. I'm at a good point in my career right now, nearing the end of it. So I wanted to finish [the last few years] off the right way."

Jackson is coming off the most successful three-week run of his nine-year professional career, notching three wins in his last three contests to start the 2008 season. Jackson started things off by winning his third Arnold Classic on March 2nd in dominating fashion, when his combination of conditioning and newfound size - he had added seven pounds of muscle since the 2007 Mr. Olympia without sacrificing any of the trademark razor-sharp conditioning that led to his nickname, "The Blade" - had many saying the 38-year-old Jackson had never looked better. Jackson followed up that win with consecutive victories in Australia and New Zealand.

"I was bigger than I've ever been in-season or in the offseason," Jackson said. "My trainer Joe McNeal and I put together a game plan. In 2006, I took 10 weeks off after the Olympia, but I had to do that because my joints were just killing me. So I had to take as much time off as possible to let my joints heal. But in the meantime I was losing muscle, and it took me a while to put that muscle back on and get back to where I was. After the Olympia this year, I took a week off and then it was right back in the gym. I was able to squat and do all the other heavy lifting I was accustomed to doing. I was 233 pounds [at the Arnold Classic], so I put on about seven pounds. I was really into doing what I had to do this year."

The wins, combined with the improvements Jackson made in the five months since the Olympia, have stamped Jackson as a serious threat to unseat Jay Cutler at the 2008 Olympia. However, Jackson says there is still plenty of room for improvement between now and the Olympia on September 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

FLEXONLINE

weR4221

weR4221

"It's been a long time coming," Jackson said. "I really just wanted to be a part of the team. I've always wanted to be with Weider. I'm at a good point in my career right now, nearing the end of it. So I wanted to finish [the last few years] off the right way."

But why this controversy specially after what he said on a clip about MD just few minutes after getting his 3th ARNOLD trophy .:e5dunno:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Things are going pretty good for the Blade lately.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So the people from Muscular Development have just been royally screwed over by the Blade. :no:

B

benmoneyog

he knows it could be his only shot at a sandow so this is the only way for him to have a shot it sucks but its the truth

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What would you guys choose? a job that offers you let's say $500000 or a job that offers you $1,000,000?

I can fully understand that you have to support the people who have supported you but this is still business first and foremost.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As he said himself he's nearing the end of his career - you gotta get what you can.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So whats the whole story with this? Did he verbally commit to MD and then sign with Weider?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go where the money flows Dex, retire with a castle, a car and anything you can get while you can.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

But why this controversy specially after what he said on a clip about MD just few minutes after getting his 3th ARNOLD trophy .:e5dunno:

"3th" lol

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
weR4221

weR4221

"3th" lol
WOW we are funny. et bien tu pense qu'on ecrivant ca tu va te moque de moi . fait voir si tu peut comprendre ca sans utilisation d'un site web RIGOLO.:hhj:

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^ typing in french is not nice.. We now have the World Wide Web and can translate all of that. Have a wonderful day. :gaygay: