• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Maximum fat burning minimum muscle losing (help)

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hello everybody, today I decide to start dieting for the summer :coolguy:. I know that if u want to lose some weight, u lose muscle too. But I am heard that it is posible to diet like that u don't lose much of muscle. That is important because I don't have that much muscle that I can lose it :D.

I am 16 years old. My weight is about 77kg (170lbs). My height is about 180cm (5.9ft). Body fat is 15-20, trying to get it under 10.

I don't have much of information of these things so I hope someone can help me with this diet. How much I need to do cardio? I can do it 3-5 times at week, before breakfast. I train 3-5 times in gym / week. How much I can eat? I eat school food 5 times at week, every weekday. In finland school food is pretty healthy, so I think that it doesn't matter? How much carbs, proteis, fat and calories per day?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
do cardio 5 days a week, keep your HR under 120 BPM. lift a bodypart a day which will give u a 5 day split. Legs, chest, back, shoulders, arms.

Have 5 meals a day

40g protein 20 G fats 0 carbs

This will put u into ketosis. u wont get any stronger but u wlll save as much muscle as possible w the fats and protein and u will burn as much fat as possible while saving the muscle.

Your meals can look like

meal 1
5 whole eggs

meal 2
protein shake
1/4 cup almonds

meal 3
8 oz turkey breast
2 TBSP natty peanut butter

Meal 4
protein shake
1/4 cup almonds

Meal 5
8oz beef
1tbsp natty peanut butter

I would assume that u would be taking a multi vitamin, and some sort of b complex u will also have to take some sort of fiber supplement as their s none in the diet.

after two weeks on the diet u can have one cheat meal a week. have it the same day every week so if u have it on monday of your 3rd week u have to have your cheat meal on monday from then on. It is best to have it as your final meal of the day.

This is actuall dave palumbos diet, but its damn good if u ask me. Continue the diet until u have reached your goal. I would not stay on it for longer than 12 weeks.

Just an option, i am sure u will have many more replies than this one.

God Bless
Ben

faiz

faiz

Personally don't use the above diet...^^^^^^

its ketosis diet. you don't need it at your age your 16 years old your metabolism is fast enough...you and can probally grow while you cut down at that age..

it's just a matter of determing the right foods to eat...

You probally need to come down to 155ish to get down to 10%... that would equate to about 1800-2200 kcal

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for both of u, but what should I do? BigBen said that and faiz said that its not a good idea for me. So which one should I listen to? :dunnodude:

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
15-20% bf

h0ke this is BULLSHIT!! You are not even close to 20%.. I guess u are already about 12% or so? So now on: no snacks and after workout 20 mins of cardio. Or do some morning cardio.. Take a glass of water when u wake and then jogging!!!

IMO in our age we dont have to count calories.. maybe how many grams of protein u take but that is all..

So!!! NO SNACKS AND ADD CARDIO TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE!!!!!

:eek5nono::e5dunno:

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really think that my bf atleast 15%. Thats maybe true that I don't need to count calories, and yeap I leave snacks for 10 weeks :crymeariver:. I have to trust the littleguy, he knows how to get 6 little friends, if u now what I mean ;). But thanks for everyone! Hope I get my summercondition :).

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come'on Bigben, stop recommending the Palumbo diet to people when you know absolutely nothing about their body other than their weight.

faiz

faiz

Come'on Bigben, stop recommending the Palumbo diet to people when you know absolutely nothing about their body other than their weight.

Thank you! good post..

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actually me n flex discussed this in the chat. but i will post it again. that diet will help him lose fat faster than anything else while preserving a good amount of muscle. Im not glorifing it. It will work. He said MAXIMUM fat loss, and preserving muscle, sounds like a great option to me.

Faiz u might be right about losing fat and gaining muscle at his age but taht would not be waht he asked for, and it would not be by any significant amount.

I stand by my suggestion. It is his best choice for the results he wants. all he has to do is make sure his training isnt to intense. He stops just before failure and does a medium volume. If hes going to diet then diet, if not then dont. Lose fat and preserve muscle, use the above diet utilizing the cheat meal weekly, u will be fine. Dont extend the diet to any longer than it takes u to achieve your goal.

This is my suggestion dude listen to whomever u want. im j defending my post against criticisms. Whos posters didnt even take half of the effort i did to help u.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
h0ke, who is in your avatar? I'm drooling right now...

faiz

faiz

No harm big ben,

but again he is 16 and if he sees a diet he will probally run with it..

anyways as i said you want to eat about 1800- 2200 kcals aday..

Do you have ideas about good carb sources and protein sourceS?

alee`

alee`

Listen to peghi and me! We dont need to count our calories!!!! ITS BULLSHIT!!!!

WHAT WE DO NOW-> we train 3-4 times in week gym -> okay we get more muscle, but maybe we get more fat too!!!
WHAT WE NEED TO DO-> well.... It is good question:D We need to go cardio 2-4 times in week!!! Then we can get results!! You lose your fat and get good slim body!!! We must eat good and healthy. We dont need to try cut down our food rate! And lets begin to do ABS 2-4 times in week :D
JUST WORK HARDER!!!!!!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cardio 4-5 times a week......45 min in the morning or 30 min after workout...low intensity...eat right and sleep enough!!

alee`

alee`

PrinceVegeta you are telling true!! You have to get good aerobic shape Hoke !!!

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yap, I need to listen pGhi, alee` and others. That balumbo is not maybe for my age, maybe I use it in the future.

alee`

alee`

Good choice Hoke!

But if someone have got some good idea that how get good scores on diet. Please tell us, we want to hear it :D