• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

squats deadlift n dips

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

ive just recently started doing these lifts, n i added 10-20 pounds on most of my lifts, is this because of these excercise or because ive also started using creatine, 25g a day??? n how do use take creatine i add it too mi protein shake n take it rite after mi work out is that okay ??

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say your gains are from strengthening lagging muscle that were not apparent in your other, core lifts. Creatine could be a reason, but depending on which stage your at, results may not have come that quickly..

You can take creatine either pre or postwork, even both. Generally depends on preference. Abosorption is quicker and essential post workout.

I, personally, took 5g post workout/day.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would give the credit to the squats an deads. When lifting weights, choose mutli-joint exercises that work your large muscle groups such as squats, dead-lifts, bench press and rows. Studies have shown that these exercises can increase testosterone more than single-joint, small muscle-group movements.

However, you need only 5-10g of creatine max, your just pissing/wasting the rest of it. All you want is to have the maximum amount of creatine available for your workout. So it makes sense to take creatine supplements before your workout. If you are taking creatine powder you should take it about 30-45 mins before the start of your workout, this gives the creatine time to be absorbed into your muscles. You should spread your creatine dosages out over the day. For example, if you're choosing to take 20-25grams per day spead it over 4 doses. Your body only absorbs what it needs. So if you take 20-25 grams in one dose your body will simply absorb what it needs an remove the rest as waste.

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

I would give the credit to the squats an deads. When lifting weights, choose mutli-joint exercises that work your large muscle groups such as squats, dead-lifts, bench press and rows. Studies have shown that these exercises can increase testosterone more than single-joint, small muscle-group movements.

However, you need only 5-10g of creatine max, your just pissing/wasting the rest of it. All you want is to have the maximum amount of creatine available for your workout. So it makes sense to take creatine supplements before your workout. If you are taking creatine powder you should take it about 30-45 mins before the start of your workout, this gives the creatine time to be absorbed into your muscles. You should spread your creatine dosages out over the day. For example, if you're choosing to take 20-25grams per day spead it over 4 doses. Your body only absorbs what it needs. So if you take 20-25 grams in one dose your body will simply absorb what it needs an remove the rest as waste.

how shood i take it seperately?? i heard that mixing it with sports drinks is good ??

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Take it with a high in simple carbs drink as it is better absorbed this way.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Could be because of both but imo you need to focus on a good routine with a solid diet plan. Creatine wont make up a bad diet. If Both diet and training is right you will gain strength and size, creatine can always help but should never be the key.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I agree with the others
the multi joint lifts are most likely the reason for your increase in strength

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
like powerade gatorade ???

High-glycemic drinks, low acidic beverages; grape juice, apply juice, etc. Yes, it can also be taken with Gatorade. However, the insulin response/absorption will not be as effective as dextrose (glucose).

Avoid higher acidic beverages; orange juice or any other citrus based juices.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how shood i take it seperately?? i heard that mixing it with sports drinks is good ??

If it is just plain creatine monohydrate then anything with some sugar like juice, gatorade, powerade, etc..
If you have the better stuff like most of the creatine's today you do not need to mix it with anything.
What kind of creatine are you taking? If I could suggest one that I have had the best luck with and best gains is con-cret. It's expensive but it blows all the others away IMO.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

braaq for my loading phase on creatine would you say about 3 hours between loading phases would be good timing? if not, how often should I space them out then?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
braaq for my loading phase on creatine would you say about 3 hours between loading phases would be good timing? if not, how often should I space them out then?

I do not believe in loading phases. But that is just my opinion, they are finding that it is unnecessary. I say take 5 grams before and 5 grams after your workouts, or take just before as I do or after. :tiphat:

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

alright thanks
I need all the help with diet/nutrition and supplements as possible

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do not believe in loading phases. But that is just my opinion, they are finding that it is unnecessary. I say take 5 grams before and 5 grams after your workouts, or take just before as I do or after. :tiphat:

+1
Most research states the same. Loading phases doesnt improve the work of creatine. 5-10 gr of creatine should be more than enough.