• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

why i do it?

skid9832004

skid9832004

Warning: This is not an article that i coped, but a way I feel about a little thing I call Achivement......

Many times i ask myself this question "why i do what i do?" I mean i am not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter. I usually say to myself not to be like the "normal person". But when i really think about it i dont do it for that or to impress women with my body. I would say i do it for personal achivement when i look at myself in the mirror I can say your not the biggest guy or the stongest but you BUILT this. You didnt ask your teammate to help you out or payed to get this. You and only you made this and no one can take it away from you. Its one of the greatest sense of self realization i have ever had. I mean i dont know what i am going to do with my life or where i am going to go. All i have for certain is that this is mine. I never can forget this lesson that the iron gave me during this certain time in my life.And it came at the perfect moment in my life. You see i never felt like i was like my friends i never wanted to go out and party and watch everyone get drunk. I never had to many close friends in my life that i have kept in touch with. I see people who are friends "In School" but i never could understand what they do and the way they lived. I mean most are just "existing" if you would like to call it that. But when i get home and go to that gym something happens..... something amazing. My mind blanks out i dont care about the fact that i got denied by my #1 college or that my parent are fighting again as usual. I forget about everything the warm pain of the iron is upon me... nothing matters. My legs hurt so much and i cant even walk straight any more.... 5 sets of squats are a bitch. But just like that its over and the burden of life comes back into vision. But for that moment in time i am completely in tune ,everything is right in the world. So when i look myself in the mirror i can say to myself wow, you have strived and worked for this with sweat, sometimes blood and a little vomit here and there. You have achived something that many strive for but few have the balls to journey into. YOU HAVE ACOMPLISHED SOMETHING! You and only you can be the one who can TRUELY be proud of this thing of which you created.________"Achivement" God......thats a beautiful thing and its apart of me.

And when i am in that gym i know all of you, even though we never met. You my brothers are the only ones that understand me and for that i Thank You.

Feel free to post what you think when you ask the question to yourself "Why do you do it?"

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That was very well wrote....I have to completely agree with you there..I wish I could zone out at much as you can when I am in the gym

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Teal Deer
tealdeer-1.gif

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its crazy how everything is erased from the mind when you hit the gym...its so true though. Its what i look forward to everyday of the week...getting off work and hitting the weights. I anticipate it...then after that hour or so of hellish fun its back to the real world. And the anticipation begins for the next workout

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that if u like to lift do it. People who get deeply involved with any sport feel the exact same way that u feel about lifting weights as they do their sport. I do think that u brought up a great point of Just "exsisting" i mean rather a person is involved in sports or their job or their family i think goal setting is very important, and so being happy. Nice point of view article you wrote bro!

God Bless
Ben

skid9832004

skid9832004

I think that if u like to lift do it. People who get deeply involved with any sport feel the exact same way that u feel about lifting weights as they do their sport. I do think that u brought up a great point of Just "exsisting" i mean rather a person is involved in sports or their job or their family i think goal setting is very important, and so being happy. Nice point of view article you wrote bro!

God Bless
Ben

Bigben you are right in everything you said but it is just my point of view like you said

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for posting this like other's said above that was well written and its also quite motivating.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when we hit the gym its animal time!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff