• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Problemzz with phil centopani

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, I'm still laying off for a slight injury. I went to the orth. surg. last week and he couldn't really tell me if I had tendonitis in my right bicep(without mri), he just told me to lay off for a couple of weeks. Welp, it''s been almost 3 weeks since I stoped working biceps out, and I stopped everything else last week..

I want to know which is better(and don't say "neither because both work different for different ppl.").DoggCrapp or Hit training?

I have been lifting high volume for over a year because i never knew what I was doing. NOw that my tendon is tight, I wanna completley change the way I train to avoid injury.

Wanna know which is better. DC sounded awesome until I saw you have to work every bodypart twice a week.

Another question I have is after this lay off, what type of "gettin back into it "training should I do first, or is it okay to jump right into hit or dc.

Thanks

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I prefer HIT out of the two and it has worked great for me so far. I would go more into it but if you have more questions just ask, I have to go to the gym

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks braaq..ok since I can't really find a damn straight-forward program or setlist on Hit training, I gotta couple of questions:
1.Training each bodypart twice a week is a no go for me; do I have to do it like that.
2. Is it okay to use hit for biceps too?

3. I would like to go to the gym 4 or 5 days a week and workout for no longer than an hour since i fucked up my bicep by training arms for 2 hours lol

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would check out my log.
Also, the thing is to not waste energy on BS warm up sets to the heavier sets that actually produce the stimulus sufficient enough to induce muscle hypertrophy. Do a warm up set or two for your first exercise and then jump right into your heavy set aiming for a rep range of 6-8. If you can do ten reps then you need to move up. Also, the key is to not move down in weight either. So the first few weeks you will have to learn what your actual heavy sets are because without the wasted BS sets you will find your strength will increase significantly.
I train every other day and make my workout week 7-9 days long rather than cramming all my bodyparts into 5 or 6 days. You should only be in the gym for a max of 45-60 mins unless you have a partner that likes to gab a lot like mine :keke:.The key to this is maximum stimulation with maximum recovery time. Eat a lot, lower your volume and rest. Yes you can use this on ever bodypart, even on biceps. In fact my biceps/arms have gotten bigger by relying on indirect stimulation from all my heavy compound lifts on chest and back. So when I hit arms I only 4-6 total sets and go heavy with 100% intensity. Make sure you listen to your body, if you are feeling like you need a day off then take it. You want to recover fully before tearing your body down.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn Braaq, I do like your variation of HIT. I will have to do this because I really don't wanna be training every bodypart twice a week. Thanks man. I will start it once I'm done with this clueless shitty layoff.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would check out my log.
Also, the thing is to not waste energy on BS warm up sets to the heavier sets that actually produce the stimulus sufficient enough to induce muscle hypertrophy. Do a warm up set or two for your first exercise and then jump right into your heavy set aiming for a rep range of 6-8. If you can do ten reps then you need to move up. Also, the key is to not move down in weight either. So the first few weeks you will have to learn what your actual heavy sets are because without the wasted BS sets you will find your strength will increase significantly.
I train every other day and make my workout week 7-9 days long rather than cramming all my bodyparts into 5 or 6 days. You should only be in the gym for a max of 45-60 mins unless you have a partner that likes to gab a lot like mine :keke:.The key to this is maximum stimulation with maximum recovery time. Eat a lot, lower your volume and rest. Yes you can use this on ever bodypart, even on biceps. In fact my biceps/arms have gotten bigger by relying on indirect stimulation from all my heavy compound lifts on chest and back. So when I hit arms I only 4-6 total sets and go heavy with 100% intensity. Make sure you listen to your body, if you are feeling like you need a day off then take it. You want to recover fully before tearing your body down.

it´s really like max-ot blake little higher reps not much tho

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil........DC training is more like a bodypart twice every 9 days, you train monday, wednesday, friday............so in week one your upper body will get hit on monday and friday, with the lower body on the wednesday.

the next week, will have the lower body hit on monday and friday, with the upper body falling on wednesday! considering you only do 1 extended set per bodypart, training the muscle twice in one week is really no big deal, and increased frequency usually increases the rate at which strength gains can be made!

be careful following Braaq's program, as he is certaintly at an advanced level of strength, so it takes his CNS longer to recover than people lifting lesser weights! im not sure what level you at, but i can assure you increased frequency with lower volume is the way to go.........id recommend a push/pull program, if you want me to post one up, im happy to do it, just let me know!