• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutler says he will compete for at least two more years

P

Pain

VIP
SOURCE

FLEXONLINE.COM said:
After he won his first Mr. Olympia in 2006, it was widely believed that Jay Cutler would compete for two more years and retire after - best case scenario - winning his third Sandow. During his Ask The Pros question and answer on the FLEX Forums on Wednesday, Cutler announced his plans had changed, and he will be competing on the Olympia stage in 2009.

When asked if he would retire after the 2008 Olympia, Cutler responded:

"If I win I won't retire. If I lose I won't retire.

This will not be my last Olympia. I feel better this year than last year and I'm obligated to continue because I'm traveling less and training more this year. I honestly feel way better than last year at this point. So to answer your question, I'll be on the Olympia stage in 2009. Win, lose or draw I'll be there."

So there you have it. As far as this year's Olympia, Cutler gave an early prediction on the final posedown:

"Yes I feel I will win and I feel the remaning five will be Dexter Jackson, Phil Heath, Dennis Wolf, Kai Greene. Victor, I don't know if he's competing. He will be in there if he does. Melvin could be there, maybe Silvio."

2h3q36e-1.jpg

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess it will be good for the sport, but he already lost last year in the public eyes. So, he's actually going for his 2nd sandow.

He always says he feels better than last year and for some reason he gets sick every year right before the show.

Did he list those names in order or just randomly?

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he wont let us down guys :ºD

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well obviously, who wants to NOT win money.

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think its all about the money? He has money.. lots of money.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess it will be good for the sport, but he already lost last year in the public eyes. So, he's actually going for his 2nd sandow.

He always says he feels better than last year and for some reason he gets sick every year right before the show.

Did he list those names in order or just randomly?

In the public eyes?Ok,Ronnie lost Olympia in 01 in the public eyes ,so does that make him 7 time Mr.Olympia?:eek5nono:
Anyway i think he means randomly ,but the order looks pretty realistic ,but Victor competing it would change.

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Lionheart.2001 he won in the public eyes

cuts

cuts

Banned
crap....another 2 years to see that ugly back with wrinkles like an old lady:ugh:

BigNasty99

BigNasty99

good cause i wanna see victor beat him not just win after jay retires so people can't say "well if jay competed this year he'd still be champ, blah blah"...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WOOOOOW, great news!!!

I don't believe Kai Green will do the posedown this year... my bets are on Freeman or Melvin instead of Kai.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not a fan of him but thats good for his fans.looks like he has still lots of dedication for the sport.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He sounds confident.

but perhaps we'll see a repeat of Ronnie's fortunes the past 2 years.

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

not a fan of him but thats good for his fans.looks like he has still lots of dedication for the sport.
Very Respectable Statement.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't like that he is winning either, but while he on top he should ride the wave. Good for him!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
im a big fan of cutler, and its great to hear hes gonna continue competing... but i really wish he would concentrate on his right leg... he really need to do something to fix it.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

This is definetly good to hear
This year when he wins no one will just say it's because its going to be his last one